Look after an empty warehouse, been left full of stock for years until the landlord decides who's to pay for disposal of the stock. 

Had over 200 rats out of here in the past 12 month. No more rats. 

Within 2 weeks the furry grey feckers have been right at it. 

Traps or shooting Station? What's the thoughts? 

Cheers 

IMG_20220203_103420.jpg

IMG_20220203_103444.jpg

IMG_20220203_103434.jpg

Crikey that place looks like its full of food!    Belgian chocolate amongst it too. 

From the debris it   should be easy to see what foods the squirrels  are favouring and where to put traps. 

Sweep up the loose food so all that's  easily available are some choice samples in and around the traps.

Apart from the risk of punching  holes in ceilings with stray pellets or bullets, shooting means you being on site  at the right time.

Traps  will be working as the day is long.

Traps ; as many as you can get set. Inside and outside too if practical.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, comanche said:

Crikey that place looks like its full of food!    Belgian chocolate amongst it too. 

From the debris it   should be easy to see what foods the squirrels  are favouring and where to put traps. 

Sweep up the loose food so all that's  easily available are some choice samples in and around the traps.

Apart from the risk of punching  holes in ceilings with stray pellets or bullets, shooting means you being on site  at the right time.

Traps  will be working as the day is long.

Traps ; as many as you can get set. Inside and outside too if practical.?

Oh yeah place has been left full of everything you can imagine. Was wandering about today and seen atleast 6 squirrels then heard plenty more elsewhere. 

Trouble I've got is the fact they've always got easy access to food.. Might have to put plenty of traps and spend a bit of time hanging about with the rifle aswell. 

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been looking for a good squirrel set up for catching in lofts. I find bodygrips give the best catches but are fiddly to set while hanging off a roof truss. They are also very sensitive and can be set off with a squirrel on top of the cage or tunnel. 

I really dislike fenns. I know they are most peoples go to trap but they often don't catch well and eventually you will get a bad catch. That's not good if the bad catch is at 1am over someone's bedroom. 

A friend of mine has been using fenns in these little plastic boxes, really good results so far. 

20220501_125735.jpg

20220501_130128.jpg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Deker said:

Fair do's, whatever works for you.

Kanias are my go to for many things squirrel, they don't take prisoners!

I've still not tried one! 

Will get one ordered ?

33 minutes ago, Deker said:

Mind your fingers, it still concerns me every time I set them!!

I'm like that with bodygrips, fine normally, but up in a loft balencing on a joist and holding a torch in my mouth is another matter ?

7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm like that with bodygrips, fine normally, but up in a loft balencing on a joist and holding a torch in my mouth is another matter ?

The springs on the bodygrips are toytown compared to the Kania.  And yes, it is real fun and games setting the Kania in many a roof space!!!!

It was a shock to me the first time I ever saw one, anyway, I must be doing something right, I still have all my fingers!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Theres an amazing invention called a head torch ?

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, socks said:

Theres an amazing invention called a head torch ?

I knew someone would suggest that. Unfortunately I'm the type of person who looses something on every single job so they never last more than a week.....i normally end up setting traps by the light of my phone ??

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I knew someone would suggest that. Unfortunately I'm the type of person who looses something on every single job so they never last more than a week.....i normally end up setting traps by the light of my phone ??

I know what you mean about losing things you’ve lost your way to the fishing comp for the last 6 years. 

• Haha 2