Ferret vasectomy

Hello all, Just for a bit of info, Ive just taken my hob to get the snip today at Wroxham Bridge vets. My last hob got snipped there with no issues, so his replacement is getting the same. The price is reasonable (£100) and the vets arent scared of ferrets like most. He also only makes one incision, instead of two, said he takes a large section of tube out and stores them, incase of any issues in future, then buries the stitches, so they have less to bugger about with when they are healing. Seems to have done plenty before and knows what he is talking about. 

• Like 1

That's a very good deal. I paid £140 including post op antibiotics five years so expect £150 now. I guess that's an independent vet surgery? We are lucky to have one not tied to a big company and they are very fair on ferret pricing,  spending money there keeps them aware of ferrets and prepared to handle them IMO. Although they are tough little critters we get the occasional abcess that needs attention and for the coming spring I'm back to Jill jabs ☹️

1 hour ago, Luckee legs said:

That's a very good deal. I paid £140 including post op antibiotics five years so expect £150 now. I guess that's an independent vet surgery? We are lucky to have one not tied to a big company and they are very fair on ferret pricing,  spending money there keeps them aware of ferrets and prepared to handle them IMO. Although they are tough little critters we get the occasional abcess that needs attention and for the coming spring I'm back to Jill jabs ☹️

Yes, it is an independant vet, a lot are now owned by cvs, and they are on the stock market. I looked a couple of years ago and their profit was in excess of 300 million from 350 vet surgeries. My last hob was snipped there about 6 years ago, the last owner told me it was 60 quid then, but everything goes up in time. Still, I think its a good price

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

When i took my ferret for the snip he was treated like a minor celebrity . Ladies there loved him 

There was a different nurse there when I picked him up, she was very apologetic as she was too nervous to get him out of the cage he came round in and put him in the carry box. Hes quite big, about 7 months old and I was surprised when he weighed 2.35kg. I said I dont blame her, as you hadnt met him before he was knocked out, and didnt know if he was aggressive or not