Golf course

I used to ferret the golf course across the road till some tree hugger golfer put a stop to that , I know the area like the back of my hand and often nip across with the dogs or ferrets to pick up the odd rabbit when required . Just befor xmas i found a fresh cleaned out 7 hole burrow and kicked up a few black rabbits round it ,So i headed over today to see if it was up to much and right outside it picked up a myxi rabbit . Christ its January ive never seen myxi so early at least it wont affect my other ferreting permissions   

I have seen it here in Australia off and on at different times of the year but been lucky that the myxi hasn’t cleaned out the property’s where I go. From what I have seen it doesn’t seem to stay around very long. 

13 hours ago, Guss33 said:

I have seen it here in Australia off and on at different times of the year but been lucky that the myxi hasn’t cleaned out the property’s where I go. From what I have seen it doesn’t seem to stay around very long. 

It's the vh viruses that have wiped out some areas of UK, Myxi seems to hit but not in the same devastating way it used to and I think it's down to rabbits have got immune to it to a degree but the vh viruses have totally wiped rabbits out in areas that always held good numbers .

On 31/01/2022 at 22:01, The one said:

I used to ferret the golf course across the road till some tree hugger golfer put a stop to that , I know the area like the back of my hand and often nip across with the dogs or ferrets to pick up the odd rabbit when required . Just befor xmas i found a fresh cleaned out 7 hole burrow and kicked up a few black rabbits round it ,So i headed over today to see if it was up to much and right outside it picked up a myxi rabbit . Christ its January ive never seen myxi so early at least it wont affect my other ferreting permissions   

That is early very for myxi it’s spread by fleas and fleas are normally dormant this time of year. Regards the golf course they will soon get back to yer when the rabbits start digging up the fairways and putting greens, we have 4 golf courses as part of permissions and they have only got to see 3 currants of rabbit poop and they are on the phone saying they are overrun with them lol 

My local golf course which I ferreted for a few years got hit hard September 2020 with mixi, it wiped them out big time. I went back to the usual warrens that always produced last September and they were as dead as a dodo. No fresh marks anywhere.

Is it possible that a majority of the rabbits have being vaccinated from mixi like us humans from the corona virus and only the anti vaccination rabbits got it , sorry I deal with a lot of people ( turkeys ) that don’t believe in vaccination they believe it is a government conspiracy thing. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Is it possible that a majority of the rabbits have being vaccinated from mixi like us humans from the corona virus and only the anti vaccination rabbits got it , sorry I deal with a lot of people ( turkeys ) that don’t believe in vaccination they believe it is a government conspiracy thing. 

Yeah like the government have got nothing better to do than spy on 70 million people they can’t even watch the English Channel properly 

After September /October i thought hot muggy days i never saw myxi as usually a scottish winter is that cold it might kill the fleas but with the change in weather its certainly a lot milder here