The man who eats badgers

Guest buster321c

To most people the A30 is a tarmac road that stretches across Bodmin Moor, but to retired civil servant Arthur Boyt it's more like a local delicatessen. 'The A30' he mutters to himself, 'That's a very good road for badgers'. Unlike most meat-eating Britons, Arthur never goes into a butcher shop. He gets his meat, by scooping up the carcasses of animals crushed under the wheels of passing traffic. It is a diet as varied as it is strange, and he boasts a taste for the meat of cat, barn owl, squirrel and hedgehog as well as badgers.

But after years of harvesting Cornish roadkill, his lifestyle is suddenly under attack. His isolated moorland cottage has started receiving extremely abusive nuisance calls. And his wife, a vegetarian he met in Watford, feels she is being watched and now spends much her life in the upstairs bedroom. But, as the bizarre telephone siege of their property mounts, it is clear there is one thing Arthur will never contemplate: changing his diet.

A film about the strange ways in which men seem to be affected when they live extremely isolated lives, also features Clifford, the self-styled guardian of Bodmin Moor, and Peter and Simon, father and son farmers whose family has lived on the moor for generations. BBC2 Wednesday 9.50 pm ,.Ive read one of D B Plummers books where he eats fox, badger , heron , hedgehog and tried badger on some school kids , never done it myself , so what is the strangest thing you guys have eaten ?

Very wierd - because they know I shoot and eat what I shoot everyone I work with is now comparing me with Boyt!

But I have eaten scorpion toffee, crocodile, wildebeest, kudu, springbok, impala, giraffe, zebra and hippo. the hippo was particularly good - you should try the crackling though! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

you do get some right inbreds down there but the one s to watch out for are the imports manunians and brummys right dodgey bunch never know what bugs they bring with them, just keep an ear out for the sound of dueling banjos then hide