any sparks on here

4 minutes ago, robbo said:

I can imagine mate. 
some of the farms and such that I’ve worked at are unbelievable. 
Why pay an electrician when Albert the local Jack of all trades will do it for a bag of tatties ?

I’ll take one of my light switches off and show ya ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What set fire to his house...?

Subaru & Saluki; Range Rover & Saluki; Range Rover & Deerhound. Onwards and upwards, Grasshopper ! ?? ! Cheers.  

You don’t put the neutral in any of them.  lives only into that switch. If you have a live and neutral feed in and a live and neutral out to each light you need to put all three neutral wires in a s

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, robbo said:

I can imagine mate. 
Why pay an electrician when Albert the local Jack of all trades will do it for a bag of tatties ?

Bull wire used instead of fuse wire ??

Seen that a lot ?

2 minutes ago, Chid said:

Bull wire used instead of fuse wire ??

Seen that a lot ?

My old boss when I was studying had fuse boxes in the unit. One day I noticed one of the larger load fuses was joined with 1mm wire lol I asked why, knowing this was seriously not right and he said it kept blowing with normal fuse wire ?‍♂️???

16 minutes ago, robbo said:

I can imagine mate. 

BD3262F1-B4FC-4BDE-B0B2-7AAAA0F3F65C.jpeg.f56142244e74524845e34e4ee868fa7e.jpeg

??

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've seen installations abroad, where three core black cable was pulled through and colour coded at connection.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it's done correctly.

Cheers.

The whole fuuckin house is like that ?

It’s messy! No earth, no back boxes, haphazard and it winds me up just knowing it exists less than 2m away from me?‍♂️?

9 hours ago, mushroom said:

I’ll take one of my light switches off and show ya ?

Do I need to wear rubber gloves to look at it. 
Ha just seen the picture. 
May need wellies on if you mess with your electric. 

Edited by robbo
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Blue is neutral and red/brown is live 

IMG_20220129_185218.jpg

Don't wire it like that you will get a bang short and trip your board. 

The com connection is live feed coming into the switch and l1 -2 is your live feed leaving the switch.  Depending on if its a 2 way lighting circuit or 1 way. 

f**k me i used to get annoyed at people asking random strangers on a forum what protein drink to have let alone how to wire complicated electrical shit !

Could someone tell me how to do a triple by - pass operation please.........just incase like.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

f**k me i used to get annoyed at people asking random strangers on a forum what protein drink to have let alone how to wire complicated electrical shit !

Could someone tell me how to do a triple by - pass operation please.........just incase like.

all sorted now mate easy to tighten a few wires in a switch once someone who knows what is what explains it to you good when a member of the forum can help with something 

for the triple by pass you take veins from the leg and by pass the arteries that a blocked to the heart thank me later gnasher let us know how you get on ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I could do an emergency tracheotomy on you, just using my Swiss Army knife and a biro, dead easy, seen it done once on M.A.S.H. !?!

Don't know about the triple by-pass though, I'd probably need to,see it done once at least ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 2