Factory Vs. Aftermarket stocks

Evening rabble. Just looking for opinion here. Read post on another forum (not as good as this one!!) Somebody wanting new rifle etc and almost everyone saying whatever you get stick in in an aftermarket stock. 

Now I've been looking at a couple myself, ones with adjustable comb as my t3x bit low with nv. Any other benefits over factory stock? 

You could just go with a Boyds. Not sure how much import duty would be though.

They have a wide range for the T1x on their website. They do the T3 but not in T3x. Presumably though, either the T1x fits or they have T3x in the wings as it would be unlikely they wouldn't stock them. You'd have to ask.

You can get a very similar stock to the one you pictured for around $227 which is around £169 at current exchange rate (XE.com) + shipping + import duties.

Note below is the T1x Version - check for T3x availability / fitment.

favicon.ico Build & Price Gunstock Configurator | Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks

WWW.BOYDSGUNSTOCKS.COM

Shop hardwood gunstocks for any make, model, and action with the Boyds Gunstock Configurator. Choose from several wood and finish options.

I'm not aware of import restrictions on stocks to the UK but you'd have to check with customs before ordering. Otherwise your local gunshop would have to order it.

Boyds Stock.jpg

Edited by Alsone

Only downside on the tikka Is the stocks imo. If I was you I would definitely look at Boyd's laminate thumbhole. Fitted a few and always been happy.

One of my mates bought a Joe west stock which was a little rough to be polite. Looked at grs and as said above seemed very thick and just didn't feel right on sticks. Also had a from stock which was good but very bulky and heavy.

I bought a second hand laminate sporter for my t1x which I think transforms the feel of rifle

• Thanks 1

Savage Axis are 800$ here Tikka t3x lite are 1300$ so its better to  buy a rifle you want from the beginning.

A stock upgrade, Tikka t3 50 mayhem blue edition.

VILDSVIN.SE

Tikka Mayhem Blue Edition Kaliber 50 Mayhem Vill Du också ha ett vapen i kaliber 50 Mayhem så kontakta Carl Johan på info@vildsvin.se så bygger jag en åt Diig...

17 hours ago, philpot said:

That is so good Mitch that you posted the same photo 3 times ? ?    I love that stock and would love one for my Tikka T1x

Phil

Phil , 3 different photos showing adjustable butt you blind git ?

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, philpot said:

That is so good Mitch that you posted the same photo 3 times ? ?    I love that stock and would love one for my Tikka T1x

Phil

You must be shité at spot the difference Phil! 

• Haha 3