Long sad day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.yself and a mate spent hours checking spots to run a big rabbit or two,we walked for hours,drove from place to place,not a feckin thing did we see,and we know for a fact they are there,but we couldn'

That's his sire ,Reggie,the cream dog,

And that’s the question ain’t it....... what happens when you start using thermal and seeking out and catching those odd ones and twos hanging about the place ......?

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Strong looking animal jig ,I was thinking about getting a thermal but lot of £££ that I couldn't justify paying at moment. 

Same here,I've no shame in saying ,I just can't afford one,

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Mc got his second hand for £700 I think he said. 

Go on FB marketplace and have a look. 

Convert it to euros,and it's 1k ,then the customs find it ,23% vat added....I'm always looking at them but just too expensive for a good one

After seeing footage of them on YouTube they are game changers even if it does take away some of the fun and skill. 

Still, if there's f**k all about it is a big waste of money, and imagine that getting snatched off you by the filth..

Edited by Greb147
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Someone came for a pup on Sunday and kindly lent me a loan of one for a few weeks....got to say...I will be saving for one,not just for finding puss,but opens up loads of avenue's,catty,air rifle etc ??

I've seen some daytime footage and it blew me away a bit DC..literally 10 seconds to scan a field..if nothing move on..summer time I'm going to buy 1 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

After seeing footage of them on YouTube they are game changers even if it does take away some of the fun and skill. 

Still, if there's f**k all about it is a big waste of money, and imagine that getting snatched off you by the filth..

Out of interest when it comes to lamping ...... what skills does it take away  ? 

I never used anything like thermals or binoculars for that matter when day walking but I imagine they save a lot of time and walking, unless on permission out in the middle of nowhere those positives matter in this climate. 

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv saw them used an they do find stuff you miss, but if your not a lazy cnut an don’t mind walking the field you’d usually put it up anyways ? but I have saw them used for hares in day an squirrels at day aswell, but shooting rats at night is summat different all together, still couldn’t justify spending that for one tbh

As you know the more you get out running em the more accustomed your eyes become at spotting them, I used to  spot them at fair old distances but you can often walk over to what you think looks promising and nothings there. 

You can't beat that anticipation when you're getting closer wondering if it's going to erupt at any second, I imagine thermals take some of the shine off it but needs must I suppose. 

Edited by Greb147