Steel Tape Measures?

14 hours ago, Borr said:

I'd imagine most folk have measured something three screwdriver long or one and a foot broomstick handle mind lol.

Worked with a old Irish lad Joey when I was a teen...he would have pieces of battern cut at 500/600/1000/1200etc because his eyes was going couldn't read a tape?he was 73 mind and still laying kerbs etc?

• Haha 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just go into any BandQ,  Wickes type of store unwrap a tape as you browse to measure something your thinking of buying then simply pop it on your belt/waste band when you leave,  ??

Drive to work in Kent last night , tested positive for COVID this morning and isolated , came hone at lunchtime and landed at teatime .  walked upstairs to find a newly laid temporary tile bathro

Used to love helping my Oldman out at the joinery when I was a nipper myself Sid...the smell of fresh timber, wood glue and coffee ??

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Worked with a old Irish lad Joey when I was a teen...he would have pieces of battern cut at 500/600/1000/1200etc because his eyes was going couldn't read a tape?he was 73 mind and still laying kerbs etc?

When I was in denial about my failing eyesight and not wanting to wear glasses I'd just buy bigger and bigger tapes ? to the point where I had to concede. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, sid g said:

my uncle used to  make and repair beer crates for shipstones brewery , used to help out saturday mornings when i was a kid my job was putting the stencils on , he had a hammer piece  of wood with 3 groves cut in it that was his measure , when ever i cut old pine  reminds of the workshop he worked from , the place had a stale ale and fresh cut wood smell about it , 

Used to love helping my Oldman out at the joinery when I was a nipper myself Sid...the smell of fresh timber, wood glue and coffee ??

• Like 4