Steel Tape Measures?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just go into any BandQ,  Wickes type of store unwrap a tape as you browse to measure something your thinking of buying then simply pop it on your belt/waste band when you leave,  ??

Drive to work in Kent last night , tested positive for COVID this morning and isolated , came hone at lunchtime and landed at teatime .  walked upstairs to find a newly laid temporary tile bathro

Used to love helping my Oldman out at the joinery when I was a nipper myself Sid...the smell of fresh timber, wood glue and coffee ??

Posted Images

2 hours ago, S.Maclean said:

They look handy I might give one a try. I find a non-retractable invaluable at times as long as your careful and don't stick it in your leg.

Their only about 5 / 6 quid . Plus point is their a very bright colour so hard to lose them on the floor

6 hours ago, sid g said:

mrs got a garden bench of ebay we`ll fetch monday afternoon she sez --- its only a fecking 70 mile round trip ?

Your lucky mate, everywheres a 70 mile round trip down here ?

Cheers, D.

32 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I seem to remember back in the day that you could get new metal tapes to replace the innards if the tape had split or the numbers had rubbed off?

Cheers, D.

Dont think they do it any more, have changed blades with lads in work when mine has started to fade a bit. Lol. 

Stanley are plenty good enough.Ive normaly got 3 ir 4 in my toolbag and a couple knocking about in my motor and a few more around the house and shed.If the Milwalkee ones are as good as their power tools then theyll be the bollocks but I couldnt spend that much on a tape or knife.Not with sime of the useless c**ts Ive worked with over the years who like to borrow stuff for a second but cant ever seem to put things back where the got them from.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

Instead of a tape measure I use a length of knicker elastic, simply stretch it to the distance you want to measure then stretch it to the same distance on the wood etc you want to cut...

Stupid, best way is to measure with your arms, hold them in position without moving and bingo, perfect cut.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Bought one if  these around 7/8 yrs ago...still going strong?Screenshot_20220124-182241.png.196ec35ac816afaa80b28dbd394daef7.png

That's what I've got and the tape and level and laser, drill , grinder , lol, it's good gear but of all of it I'd rate the tape at the bottom as it's got a slight twist in the first half a metre , might be my specific tape . Bought a unknown brand tape off a ground worker for £2 he bought a pack of 24 at £1.76 a pop lol, it's crap to read , I'll probably give it to someone I don't like. Lol. I have the tylons, I had binned one as it was couple of mill out and that can quickly knacker a job when a weld gap is 3mm. 

21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Stupid, best way is to measure with your arms, hold them in position without moving and bingo, perfect cut.

That's the most ridiculous post I've ever read on thl, what if you want to measure 9'6"? Chancer.

• Haha 2

Drive to work in Kent last night , tested positive for COVID this morning and isolated , came hone at lunchtime and landed at teatime . 

walked upstairs to find a newly laid temporary tile bathroom floor courtesy of a bored misses. 

went in the bed too to find at least 50 unused tiles on the bed . 

“what’s them? “ 

“spare tiles Daniel “ 

“what for ? “ 

“I don’t know , another floor somewhere “ 

“where ? Could you not have measured the bathroom? “ 

arms folded . “ what do I look like ? A f***ing measurer? “ 

Cheers. 

50 stuck on tiles free to a good home 

• Haha 5