• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. Yes all the family are enjoying the photos and videos, funny thing is my wife called it another one of my useless unused toys! Well now she can't wait to have a look what it has caught?

i have been running a trail cam on the farm for a couple of years now. i tried the cheaper ones from amazon etc, but after tests in the gaarden found them not very sensitive on the triggering the

poser ! this guys was in a lot of videos, even posing on one....lol poser B+W

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, patterdale said:

I did try to upload the video clips but they are to big to attach.

Yep, I had the same problem, I'm sure there is a way of compressing them but not sure how!

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the score with these trail cams once you put them out on a farm etc do you guys have 2 sim cards and change them and view them at home ? .Thanks to some good advice ive got mine working in the garden so i just lift it of a morning and check the footage but once in place at the farm what do you do ??>  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Whats the score with these trail cams once you put them out on a farm etc do you guys have 2 sim cards and change them and view them at home ? .Thanks to some good advice ive got mine working in the garden so i just lift it of a morning and check the footage but once in place at the farm what do you do ??>  

Take the Laptop and view on site!  :thumbs:

i have been running a trail cam on the farm for a couple of years now. i tried the cheaper ones from amazon etc,

but after tests in the gaarden found them not very sensitive on the triggering the camera. i went with a Browning Recon force. its never been a problem and the pics and especially the video is outstanding. i know they are more money, but if you want good results unfortunately its gonna cost a bit more. buy an extras SD card and swap out when you visit or like Dekers take the laptop with you. As for power, make up an external power lead and run it from a small 2aH 12v battery, it will save on batteries (in some locations i can get 400 vids a week!)

just a snip from a video.

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

good luck

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

image.png

Edited by sich1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, patterdale said:

@sich1Thats a cracking picture,could you put a few videos up please?

Hi there should be 2 linked in my last post, are they not showing up ?

probably my bad, try these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/share/d6AEm4LUFMZ6AUAVA7JodZuKIUgKIUlydV6hJd1NobL

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/share/tyyxay5Uog2gIDBujjFm8v7hZ52ei64CmSamWb34jIp

• Like 1
On 03/04/2022 at 14:15, sich1 said:

i have been running a trail cam on the farm for a couple of years now. i tried the cheaper ones from amazon etc,

but after tests in the gaarden found them not very sensitive on the triggering the camera. i went with a Browning Recon force. its never been a problem and the pics and especially the video is outstanding. i know they are more money, but if you want good results unfortunately its gonna cost a bit more. buy an extras SD card and swap out when you visit or like Dekers take the laptop with you. As for power, make up an external power lead and run it from a small 2aH 12v battery, it will save on batteries (in some locations i can get 400 vids a week!)

just a snip from a video.

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

good luck

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

image.png

I have 2 half decent cameras but have reservations about leaving them on some sites, so I went after a cheap one for one site in particular!   I'm not making a wildlife documentary so I'm fine with the lower quality pics.  All I'm interested in is identifying wildlife trails and times, primarily fox, so the cheap stuff does me fine, but I have to admit my latest is cheap and nasty, but just about does the job.   How do you compress the files, mine are too big to post here? 

Cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Deker said:

I have 2 half decent cameras but have reservations about leaving them on some sites, so I went after a cheap one for one site in particular!   I'm not making a wildlife documentary so I'm fine with the lower quality pics.  All I'm interested in is identifying wildlife trails and times, primarily fox, so the cheap stuff does me fine, but I have to admit my latest is cheap and nasty, but just about does the job.   How do you compress the files, mine are too big to post here? 

Cheers :thumbs:

i understand about the security side of things entirely, i use a python security cable like in this link.

python

yes, it adds to the cost i know but i would not put out a £160 camera with out one. There are still places i will not put it. Yup mine used mainly for fox too. Nice to see all the other wildlife too.

out, we have quite a few footpaths that border or cross the land and it would be mad to place it near them!! Detection and IR range is much improved the more you spend. Some shots are of foxes dtected almost out of IR range, 30+m.

These vids are on my Amazon prime drive, i know not everyone subscribes but with the amount of junk the mrs buys the postage adds up so prime pays and has other benefits like the hosting+storage. 

Edited by sich1
adding bit