I need one, actually probably 2 or 3, for a site full of ramblers, Tree huggers, idiots etc., etc., and the chances of damage/theft is pretty high.

I was wondering about investing in these, they are really cheap.

Does anyone have any experience whatsoever of these EXACT cams, good or bad please???

Any other suggestions of a really cheap cam as it may not last long??

Many thanks!

12MP HD 1080P Hunting Trail Camera Nature Wildlife Scouting Cam Night Vision 714131840885 | eBay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. Yes all the family are enjoying the photos and videos, funny thing is my wife called it another one of my useless unused toys! Well now she can't wait to have a look what it has caught?

i have been running a trail cam on the farm for a couple of years now. i tried the cheaper ones from amazon etc, but after tests in the gaarden found them not very sensitive on the triggering the

poser ! this guys was in a lot of videos, even posing on one....lol poser B+W

Posted Images

Can't answer your which cam to buy question, but there are plenty of vids on Youtube of ideas for hiding cams. Ideas include hiding them inside hollowed out logs and fixing these into places such as the crooks of branches or sticking on 3d leaf camo. Also the use of invisible ir as opposed to visible red glow ir helps retain stealth after dark. Ghillie suit supply places may be of assistance in finding the right materials. Camo patterns are ok but 3D adds another dimension (excuse the pun).

Edited by Alsone

Loads of those cheap cams are exactly the same but with different badges on. I bought one that looked almost identical and was complete crap, where others on here have bought them with no problems at all. Seems to be a lottery.

Probably best to risk £20 and buy one then a few more if it works OK. 

Here you go, it is cheap and cheerful, picture quality is poor, but still much better than the images you see in the Big Cat Sighting thread.  Delay from activation to first picture seems an eternity, with several animals almost out of frame before first picture.    Situation and circumstances will change a lot so this may improve.  No long term review available yet as only had it a few days, and it's not been out in anything but the lightest drizzle so far.  I'll keep an eye on it and continue tests, but not rushing to buy any more at the moment.

012a.jpg.9223c2ebb991a8bac06a727b27c2be1d.jpg

• Like 1
On 03/02/2022 at 21:47, patterdale said:

I've just ordered a similar one with a 32gb micro SD card.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

PIR Angle:60 degree. USB Slot: 5pins USB 2.0. Image Sensor: 3MP Color CMOS. Work Mode: Photo, Video, Photo+video. IR LED:38pcs 940nm black Lights...

Mines arrived and I'm very pleased with it,good quality pictures and videos day and night. I've altered the default settings so it now takes 5 photos and 30sec video clips each time the pir is broken(default is 3 photos and 10sec video clips)and I've disabled the time/date stamp to increase viewing.

Only problem is I can view photos on my android tablet and TV but if I need to view videos I've got to connect to pc but I can put up with that.

10 hours ago, patterdale said:

Hope it does the business for you.

Generally, I'm not impressed with picture/video quality on mine but then again it does the job and is VERY cheap. 

I am amazed how sensitive it is, sparrows and a single field mouse set it off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deker said:

Hope it does the business for you.

Generally, I'm not impressed with picture/video quality on mine but then again it does the job and is VERY cheap. 

I am amazed how sensitive it is, sparrows and a single field mouse set it off.

Yes all the family are enjoying the photos and videos, funny thing is my wife called it another one of my useless unused toys!

Well now she can't wait to have a look what it has caught?

As far as watching videos on my android tablet I have now downloaded a media app called VLC it has a red traffic cone for its icon and works great with the trail cam.

For the money I'm very pleased and even managed to buy a 32gb micro SD card off eBay for a fiver.

Its surprising what wildlife comes into your garden,wish I bought one earlier.

• Like 4

Caught a hedgehog in pictures on 31 Jan (he had moved out of frame before video)  and again on pictures and video on 17 Feb.

I thought they were meant to be hibernating, is it really that mild or is my hedgehog an insomniac?

20220217_234109.jpg.2d93606afcbaf13bfde119cf2339ea1f.jpg

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Im on a site called Uniform Benifits and a trail cameras just came up on offer from £89.99 to £17.99 just found out £7.99 delivery it might be good it might be crap but for that money im willing to try one 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The one said:

Im on a site called Uniform Benifits and a trail cameras just came up on offer from £89.99 to £17.99 just found out £7.99 delivery it might be good it might be crap but for that money im willing to try one 

The only one I could see there was identical to mine, which I paid about £1-£2 less for all in!

Very temperamental, poor quality pictures and video, but does what I need and of course VERY cheap!

Check ebay!

12MP Hunting Trail Camera HD 1080P Wildlife Scouting Cam Motion Night Vision | eBay

:thumbs: