Fishing equipment

Me and my brother have taken the bits and pieces of tackle that we will personally use. As said nothing of great value but a few odd bits. We both put 50 quid each to one side to donate to charity for it. The lady just wanted it to be used and said she didn't want money for it but we felt it was only right if we were using some of it. 

There is a telescopic sea rod, an old holdall and a old seat box. There's an old short pole as well. I plan to offer this to a young kid if anyone knows of one. I was going to wait till summer as more kids will be fishing by then but I'll put a pic on here over the weekend and if you have a nipper who wants it let me know. 

There's a really good pole seat box with arms and octoplus legs. I'll put a pic on here for people to value. If anyone wants to bid me on it you can do and I'll send the money to the fishing comp lads on here to add to this year's money. Or if you think we can auction it then we will. 

Anyway today I went to a place where they were collecting stuff for Ukrainian refugees. So far I've been indifferent to the thought of em. Today I saw a pile of kids toys and kids tooth brushes and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Forget politics....no kids should be forced from their homes and living in fear. Just a pity we can't help the Russian kids that will be thrown into poverty due to sanctions.... Anyway I handed over the cash we put up for the tackle. The woman I gave it to I know very well, she got in her car and went straight to home bargains for another load of stuff. It will be at the polish border in days. 

I've made the lady aware and she was happy with that. I'll photograph the other bits of tackle this weekend and if anyone is interested you can let me know ?

IMG_20220303_140845.jpg

• Like 7