What comes first - The chicken or the egg?

This is my first post on here so please be gentle!

I would like to start ferreting but unsure as to the best way to start. I have posted on a couple of facebook groups to see if I could accompany someone ferreting to see how I get on but with no takers. I am now thinking the only way to start is to take the plunge and get a couple of ferrets but was thinking, do I get the ferrets first and then find some permissions or see whether  there is any demand for ferreting nearby before I get any ferrets. Any thoughts on the next steps to take?

15 hours ago, John74 said:

I would like to start ferreting but unsure as to the best way to start. I have posted on a couple of facebook groups to see if I could accompany someone ferreting to see how I get on but with no takers. I am now thinking the only way to start is to take the plunge and get a couple of ferrets but was thinking, do I get the ferrets first and then find some permissions or see whether  there is any demand for ferreting nearby before I get any ferrets. Any thoughts on the next steps to take?

I think that your time will be taken up finding a few Rabbits .

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, John74 said:

What comes first the chicken or the egg llf the roster ? 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, John74 said:

Fck off lol. Welcome to the forum John, I'd get the ferrets first, get used to handling and caring for them then get out by yourself and find some perm. You will look pretty silly if you get perm then tell them they'll have to wait, cheers.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, John74 said:

Where you from mate

• 2 weeks later...

Gday bud how did you go did you end up getting a few ferrets two is always a good way to go as they keep each other company.. and any luck on where you live with rabbits is their any about. Stick with it and stay around on this site as their is a lot you can learn from. Stick around and fill us in. Never give up. 

• Like 1