Nice morning

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are all coursing lads dreamers ? Or just the ones that frequent Internet forums?    So how many runs would you expect to give a good coursing dog a season ? And how many you lot managing ?

So no one met up and done owt then Why was that

Greb this time next year ??

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Was looking at a thread from years back mate. 

Hasn't all the hard work alresdy been done in these coursing breds and by going back in to pure you're taking a step back? 

What I'm saying is you could end up with a dog that performs just like a pure? 

You start taking a step back when they get to closely bred and get cloddy and injury prone , adding some fresh pure blood usually brings back all good qualities, there has been some very good dogs bred going back to a pure and strangely they all seem to be real fast and sharp and the pups often turn out to be faster than both parents which I think is from hybrid vigour, I bred buddy x pure and Cindy x pure and putting them to a pure saluki actually made the pups turn out faster than there coursing bred parents 

• Thanks 2

It's basically like this. ?

I want a pup to bring on and it to turn in to a machine that will wipe the floor with any other cross out there at hares and edible game.

I'm not asking for the earth am I? ?

Forget the Akita and that, it will get sorted. 

Just get me that flying machine with bags of stamina, boom. 

4 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You start taking a step back when they get to closely bred and get cloddy and injury prone , adding some fresh pure blood usually brings back all good qualities, there has been some very good dogs bred going back to a pure and strangely they all seem to be real fast and sharp and the pups often turn out to be faster than both parents which I think is from hybrid vigour, I bred buddy x pure and Cindy x pure and putting them to a pure saluki actually made the pups turn out faster than there coursing bred parents 

Fair enough post that one. 

Did you consider using a coursing bred that's not so closely related to your bitch? 

I dont understand how this has has gone on so long. 

Its pretty simple.

You already have a dog you can't manage. Don't get another one til you have the first under control.

How can it be any more complicated than that?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Penda said:

Chaser I'm on your page here mate this ain't no disco well sometimes it is but right now this is james bond time 

To be honest mate it was marginally funny a few days ago, but now it’s extremely dull. Will greb get a dog ? Will greb go coursing ? What will happen to to Grebs Akita ? f**k he’s loving the attention ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Penda said:

Oh right so what dogs have you seen run like 

Loads, no out and out coursing dogs though mate and that's why I want to try one out. 

I want to see what the thoroughbreds of lurcher world are really like. 

Just now, SheepChaser said:

To be honest mate it was marginally funny a few days ago, but now it’s extremely dull. Will greb get a dog ? Will greb go coursing ? What will happen to to Grebs Akita ? f**k he’s loving the attention ? 

?

1 minute ago, Tyla said:

I dont understand how this has has gone on so long. 

Its pretty simple.

You already have a dog you can't manage. Don't get another one til you have the first under control.

How can it be any more complicated than that?

The dog is under control mate, I'm just thinking out loud of the worst circumstances if I brought in an older pup. 

Like I said, I'm certain he would be fine bringing in a pup. 

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Don't worry Sheepy lad you've got plenty of time to get your threads back at the forefront of THL. ?

Just now, Greb147 said:

Loads, no out and out coursing dogs though mate and that's why I want to try one out. 

I want to see what the thoroughbreds of lurcher world are really like. 

But are they thorough breds or just hyped up dogs who knows theres alot of bravado with these types of dogs people or actually test the dogs and I mean test them then theres the Sunday gang who just walk round a field with a pair of beanos then theres the out and out show ponies and then theres the dog peddlers my advice to you is if you know any body who's got a half decent dog either get something off it or find out where that came from

• Haha 1