Nice morning

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Easier said than done regarding dog aggression mate. 

Speaking of aggression, I haven't given him the opportunity to prove to me how aggressive he really is but you can see as he's got older the signs have been getting worse and worse. 

I would never let him run over to a dog off the lead, you're just asking for trouble if it does kick off. 

I'm almost certain he would be fine with a dog in the house reared as a pup, there's a good chance he would be OK with this dog with the right perseverance but there's always a what if. 

Decisions, decisions. 

The pup is a lovely dog no doubt but I'm in no rush, something will pop up. 

Anyway, just been reading some old posts. 

Folk arguing wether going back to pure is the right thing to do in today's climate, it's a fair question isn't it. 

Going back to pures we've got one bit of decent land an that's an Lincolnshire were not in middle east lol. 

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are all coursing lads dreamers ? Or just the ones that frequent Internet forums?    So how many runs would you expect to give a good coursing dog a season ? And how many you lot managing ?

So no one met up and done owt then Why was that

Greb this time next year ??

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Going back to pures we've got one bit of decent land an that's an Lincolnshire were not in middle east lol. 

6 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

going back to pure does and will work ? 

more spots  have big land and fenland then lincolnshire bangers 

1 minute ago, king said:

I agree with you mate they are a very powerful breed of dog which can and do flip out..I was only saying how I would go about breaking the food aggression in 1 dog by feeding it near other dogs in a controlled way that's all..

Like I said greb seems keen on getting a runner so maybe it's time to make a tough decision ?

Akita - lurcher  ? LURCHER. I sacrificed my HW100 carbine sport years back for a dog went an sold gun straight away. If the passion is there in the pit of your belly you'll get that Akita gone Greb. A will admit that fires gone in mine now it does when you see all this shit on TV f***ing us over every chance they get. Yesterday in cover on a few trees there were signs new no hunters right of way lol. What gets me over here you can't do shit but in Alaska they can go anywhere hunting a think alot of countries its free to roam abart an take off the land 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Akita - lurcher  ? LURCHER. I sacrificed my HW100 carbine sport years back for a dog went an sold gun straight away. If the passion is there in the pit of your belly you'll get that Akita gone Greb. A will admit that fires gone in mine now it does when you see all this shit on TV f***ing us over every chance they get. Yesterday in cover on a few trees there were signs new no hunters right of way lol. What gets me over here you can't do shit but in Alaska they can go anywhere hunting a think alot of countries its free to roam abart an take off the land 

I hope you got them signs in your shed now mate lol...

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

linebred coursing bred can also work 

Was looking at a thread from years back mate. 

Hasn't all the hard work alresdy been done in these coursing breds and by going back in to pure you're taking a step back? 

What I'm saying is you could end up with a dog that performs just like a pure? 

27 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Hasn't all the hard work alresdy been done in these coursing breds and by going back in to pure you're taking a step back? 

how do you think. a coursing bred performs mate not like a whippet ? 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Get yah sen a collie type lurcher save yah self the heart ache when you realise it ain't your dance at least you can put it in shows then and dress up in the finest tweed harris has to offer ?