Nice morning

2 minutes ago, king said:

So what would you do mate..totally avoid feeding them together for maybe 8 or 10yrs..they are dogs mate not man eating lions...

The problem is the first dog being allowed to be food aggressive as a pup..any nonsense like that gets nipped in the bud when it raises its head..

It got nipped in the bud mate don't worry about that, the dog wished it had never done it. 

That's not the problem, the problem is their unpredictability around other dogs full stop. 

Going off previous occasions they are fine if the other dog is raised from a pup, for all I know he might be OK with it after he knows he's put it in it's place. 

It makes sense to get a pup but as you know seeing a dog makes you like a kid in a sweet shop. 

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are all coursing lads dreamers ? Or just the ones that frequent Internet forums?    So how many runs would you expect to give a good coursing dog a season ? And how many you lot managing ?

So no one met up and done owt then Why was that

Greb this time next year ??

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, king said:

So what would you do mate..totally avoid feeding them together for maybe 8 or 10yrs..they are dogs mate not man eating lions...

So you have a dog that's been food possessive in the past and his dog aggressive and you suggest feeding them together at the first meeting .ok it's not what I would do but we're all different 

1 minute ago, brambles said:

Never had a fight over food, what about kennel space, dominace, jealousy or any other factor that may arise, one hard snap or bite, grip or shake what one will be the loser? Certainly not the dominant Akita in its own domain, I hope I am totally wrong but I certainly wouldn't be putting the pup or young dog in the position where it could be seriously mauled or even killed but then again I don't seem to have your skill set ?

Hence feeding each dog by hand 1 on your left side 1 on your right side..feeding small little pieces of meat and all the while watching both dogs to see how they are reacting..

We are talking about a dog being food aggresive..not about kennel space..jealousy or dominace..

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It got nipped in the bud mate don't worry about that, the dog wished it had never done it. 

That's not the problem, the problem is their unpredictability around other dogs full stop. 

Going off previous occasions they are fine if the other dog is raised from a pup, for all I know he might be OK with it after he knows he's put it in it's place. 

It makes sense to get a pup but as you know seeing a dog makes you like a kid in a sweet shop. 

I was only talking about 1 being or showing signs of food aggression mate.and how I would tackle it personally..

You know your dog better than us mate ?

2 minutes ago, king said:

Hence feeding each dog by hand 1 on your left side 1 on your right side..feeding small little pieces of meat and all the while watching both dogs to see how they are reacting..

We are talking about a dog being food aggresive..not about kennel space..jealousy or dominace..

We are talking about a dominant Akita being kept in the same space or even kitchen as a young lurcher pup or adolescent who is full of fun and play, not just feeding, listen lads if yous can't see a possible serious problem arising and the young dog being set back if not maimed or possibly killed then I've got it totally wrong  I'll leave my thoughts on it at that ?

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

So you have a dog that's been food possessive in the past and his dog aggressive and you suggest feeding them together at the first meeting .ok it's not what I would do but we're all different 

I ain't talking about putting 2 bowls of food next to each other on the floor and standing back mate.. 

I'm talking about feeding small amounts of food maybe the size of an oxo cube to each dog taking turns.and learning the dogs to wait your turn for your piece..the food is in my hand not on the floor..

Just now, brambles said:

We are talking about a dominant Akita being kept in the same space or even kitchen as a young lurcher pup or adolescent who is full of fun and play, not just feeding, listen lads if yous can't see a possible serious problem arising and the young dog being set back if not maimed or possibly killed then I've got it totally wrong  I'll leave my thoughts on it at that ?

Tbf what Katchum said is always the best way to introduce dogs. 

Just go for a walk with them together but obviously keep them separated, only consider letting them near each other when it's clear he's settled down and comfortable in it's presence. 

I know what to do with dogs just flapping cos what if it fails, hate the idea of passing dogs about. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf what Katchum said is always the best way to introduce dogs. 

Just go for a walk with them together but obviously keep them separated, only consider letting them near each other when it's clear he's settled down and comfortable in it's presence. 

I know what to do with dogs just flapping cos what if it fails, hate the idea of passing dogs about. 

You won't be passing dogs about if that Akita manages to over power you an get that pup it's a big old vet bill or under the sod for pup there unpredictable c**ts 

18 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What's funny dogman ?

What I'm finding funny is every man tripping over themselves giving the dreamer advise when it's plane to see the man ain't having a dog.. Not now not tomorrow not a pup not a half grown pup... Fcuk all. 

First it was to dear then to old now its no kennel or its the lawn sitters fault. 

He's a gassy bag a shite like the thing he's using as an excuse. 

Just my opinion like. No offence greb ole buddy ole chum. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, brambles said:

I'm talking about a food aggressive dog that's all..and how I would go about eliminating the food aggression..which shouldn't be there in the first place mate..

I'm not talking about keeping dogs in the same space etc..

• Like 1