Nice morning

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

He does mate, the food aggression was put of the blue. 

Obviously when dogs are pups you get them used to you being there when they're feeding. 

He was spot on, you could stroke him, take his dish off him the usual stuff. 

This is where it came as a shock, our lass gave him a bone and can't recall exactly what happened but as I went to get it he snarled, well obviously I gave him a belt and put him in his place and by the end of it I was taking the bone off him and he'd stopped showing signs of aggression. 

Like I said other than that episode when he was a pup he does as his told in the house and knows who's boss. 

They are dog dominant mate, the tricky part with that breed is just introducing a strange dog to them, they are bad enough out walking so I imagine it will be tenfold that in his own territory. 

Ah I thought he was being aggressive towards another dog over food mate and not you.

Sounds like he was trying his luck a bit as a pup then trying to get up the pecking order so to speak which is normal really being a pup ?

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are all coursing lads dreamers ? Or just the ones that frequent Internet forums?    So how many runs would you expect to give a good coursing dog a season ? And how many you lot managing ?

So no one met up and done owt then Why was that

Greb this time next year ??

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cantona said:

I’ve had them and the cock could possibly be non viss, easier swoping than selling and buying again if possible 

A don't know about that. I've swapped eggs before new blood with pals who are into breeding sib goldies. But a don't think you'll get a swap this time of year. An alot won't go on just hear say bird being none vis mate unless you know each other. Get to Stafford march 

Just now, king said:

Ah I thought he was being aggressive towards another dog over food mate and not you.

Sounds like he was trying his luck a bit as a pup then trying to get up the pecking order so to speak which is normal really being a pup ?

No mate, he's been the lone house dog mate. 

Probably mate, I think he was about 16 weeks when I got him and he'd got used to scrapping with  his litter mates for food. 

He shocked me cos like I said he'd been spot on with his food, that bone sent him wappy. ?

Just now, Greb147 said:

Probably mate, I think he was about 16 weeks when I got him and he'd got used to scrapping with  his litter mates for food. 

He shocked me cos like I said he'd been spot on with his food, that bone sent him wappy. ?

Greb them dogs are known for pushing the boundaries testing what an can't get away with. There not a family dog horrible b*****ds pakki dogs 

• Like 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

Well go with katchums advice mate which is spot on..meet up the lane or down the street and go for a walk..you will work it out after 5 mins if they ain't bothered with each other etc..then walk them side by side for a bit..

Just now, Bangersanmash said:

Greb them dogs are known for pushing the boundaries testing what an can't get away with. There not a family dog horrible b*****ds pakki dogs 

They are American mate, original ones are Japanese, close enough though lol. 

Be 

• Haha 1
Just now, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Greb if you haven’t got any outside kennels surely you must of thought about the scenario of an older pup being in the house with the Akita before today and before you enquired about this pup ? 

Yeah course I have fella. 

I asked the bloke if he had any pups and got put through to him but it was 8 month old. 

Just now, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Greb if you haven’t got any outside kennels surely you must of thought about the scenario of an older pup being in the house with the Akita before today and before you enquired about this pup ? 

the akita attacking it if you leave em together in the kitchen is the last you’d worry about

it will raid bins shit all over raid fridge empty that open doors be all over the house ? you’d come bk think you’d been ransacked ? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

the akita attacking it if you leave em together in the kitchen is the last you’d worry about

it will raid bins shit all over raid fridge empty that open doors be all over the house ? you’d come bk think you’d been ransacked ? 

Akita be turning all the taps on get the pup used to the wet ?

• Haha 6

If I'm honest greb don't bring another dog in while you have the akita . It sounds like kenneling two terriers together they might get on for years then bang one gets killed over something trivial .your akita is a liability but your choice your dog I know what I would do if I was in your boots 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really can't believe how people are trying to give problem solving answers in regards to keeping a boisterous young pup with a fully grown Akita and thinking that a walk around the park or hand feeding in the kitchen will resolve any animosity or jealousy. Do yourself a favor infact dog the pup a favor and don't do it, it will all endvin tears 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1