Blown Dogs?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be the closest you get to it ?

?I reckon you can definitely overmatch a dog,. .regardless of what discipline it is engaged in...? Physicality, is the same, whatever the activity... Never actually seen, or owned a running

I'm breeding one last litter then I'm done it will be in four years time I'm gifting them all as I always have if there is a little bitch in there it's yours it will suit ya... Just treat it as y

Posted Images

And for the record I ain't kennel blind ?

Keep ya bull X's unless a lot of saluki in them  .

Keep ya collie X's too much wanting for what I need .

Keep ya bedlingron X's worse I've ever owned were bred out of then to whippet or greyhound  .

Keep ya deerhound X's unless half bred I have seen some belters that were first cross. 

And anything else is chancy it will or it won't ?

Same with salukis but get a good one generation bred off lead you are looking at a different animal to the show bred shite atvb ?

On 25/01/2022 at 19:21, W. Katchum said:

So what did tho use for the fallow? it was lurchers, you had a pure but kept the lurchers?

holy fcuk balls

Mmmm half and three quarter bred pures I still say a pure no good on fallow too light I have never said different never mind holy fcuck balls whatever they are ?

On 25/01/2022 at 19:27, juckler123 said:

I grew up with half bred pures at 14 I took my first fallow no one else had even thought of them regards hounds here Katchum..

I would have had pures but couldn't source them back then and your half right I wouldn't want to use a pure for deer unless a big one they haven't the build to do the job too light by far in the main ..

But I have to say one of the best I've seen was owned by a good friend only a small bitch but knew how to hock them and hold them it's not only build that counts a good heart helps too 

My point Katchum ?

On 25/01/2022 at 19:37, W. Katchum said:

An iv saw saluki that couldn’t, what’s your point ??

Best lamp dog on rabbits  I know at present is a pure saluki lad lives up north it can kill other things too it's sire to pup I have on ?

Edited by juckler123
On 25/01/2022 at 22:51, shaaark said:

Nice one, you taught it how to stalk, like a thick collie cross!!

You might be on to something with your way of training pure salukis.  DON'T buy a collie cross, buy a pure saluki, and train it to act like a collie cross, genius!!  ?

Thick collie x your right ?

Get there and stare at it ????

14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Round up sheep ? ?? !

Cheers.

Right my mate here's one for ya I do the mushrooms for coin Blewstalks to be precise at six quid a pound now beasts take some holding in the main never mind sheep which they are broken to as well ..

They will line cows up coming to investigate what I'm doing ? while I cut my wares sheep would be the tother end of the field ?

But to be fair they've never rounded sheep up they have never had a need too ? 

To be honest, I'm probably the least "breed blind" man there is.

Ive had most types, pure and cross, including Salukis, and I've had good and bad in all types.

Im a great believer in "horses for courses", and while a pure Saluki may be the best lamper you've seen, they wouldn't be my choice for that job.

If a man is happy with the dogs he's got, that's all that's needed, but I don't see the point in comparing collie x's with Salukis. ?

Cheers.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

To be honest, I'm probably the least "breed blind" man there is.

Ive had most types, pure and cross, including Salukis, and I've had good and bad in all types.

Im a great believer in "horses for courses", and while a pure Saluki may be the best lamper you've seen, they wouldn't be my choice for that job.

If a man is happy with the dogs he's got, that's all that's needed, but I don't see the point in comparing collie x's with Salukis. ?

Cheers.

I do pal cos there is nothing a collie x can do that a saluki or a saluki lurcher will do better with all respect ?