Blown Dogs?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be the closest you get to it ?

?I reckon you can definitely overmatch a dog,. .regardless of what discipline it is engaged in...? Physicality, is the same, whatever the activity... Never actually seen, or owned a running

I'm breeding one last litter then I'm done it will be in four years time I'm gifting them all as I always have if there is a little bitch in there it's yours it will suit ya... Just treat it as y

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

A blown dog is a dog that's damaged its heart , lungs  because it was run while unfit ,you wouldn't expect a runner to do a marathon without training and same goes for dogs .

So the story goes but I've never seen or heard of it nor can I find anything online backing that claim up.

I mean how can you damage your lungs or heart running unless you are born with a defect? 

I can understand dogs overheating and collapsing but causing actual physical damage to the heart and lungs, never known it. 

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

A blown dog is a dog that's damaged its heart , lungs  because it was run while unfit ,you wouldn't expect a runner to do a marathon without training and same goes for dogs .

Unfit, and sometimes  too young.  ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Greb147 said:

So the story goes but I've never seen or heard of it nor can I find anything online backing that claim up.

I mean how can you damage your lungs or heart running unless you are born with a defect? 

I can understand dogs overheating and collapsing but causing actual physical damage to the heart and lungs, never known it. 

Running a unfit dog on long runs will fcuk its lungs and heart ,if you run a dog unfit it sometimes hacks for a day or two and run it again before it's rested your asking for trouble, you get the same with horses ,no greyhound trainer or racing horse man would ever over run a unfit animal . If you don't believe me give it a go .

• Like 1
14 hours ago, shaaark said:

Unfit, and sometimes  too young.  ?

That's right ,that's why we give them rd work to build them up and not give them to much until we can see they fit anufe for hard run , and entering to young can do more damage than most think .but lots of 12 mt old world beaters up for sale on fb doing the job ?  ffs most don't deserve to keep a animal. 

• Like 3