Who's actually got a lurcher?

7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Looking back through my old memory cards...she came too me at 18 months old when my mate went over the wall..I had the pleasure of her company for 13 yrs.. She worked for me for 11 of them. ?DSC_2115.JPG.66f72a3eed8c7feadab8fcdfd4165796.JPGDSC01001.JPG.034b7ce6578b77876011a3daf5a32057.JPG

Sorry for your loss dc rip old girl

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.

Cheers lads,I've just put her to rest in our favourite spot along the river....Run free my girl...

My Wheaton X is 3,I've a young Plummer bitch 5 months, Russell bitch 7, Russell dog 4,patterdale bitch 12 and  2 7 week old Russell's,dog and bitch I'm gonna probably end up running on abit ?...what's

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.20151003_085746.jpg.38bad5079edd29ddd057f2d691e84cd1.jpg

Jeez fella, it's never easy.... ?

9 hours ago, fred90 said:

she looks a beauty ?

I got her gifted to me as it was an unplanned litter, she's saved my ass a few times from dangerous animals and people but loves everyone that's nice and the best rabbit dog I've owned. No money could buy her off me. My once in a lifetime dog.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I got her gifted to me as it was an unplanned litter, she's saved my ass a few times from dangerous animals and people but loves everyone that's nice and the best rabbit dog I've owned. No money could buy her off me. My once in a lifetime dog.

Good man

• Like 1

I've owned quite a few running dogs over the years, greb.  Caught mainly edible game with all of them, fox doesn't, never did, and never has held an interest for ne.

Had a couple of my dogs stolen, so won't/haven't put many pics up.  My son put a pic of a bitch I owned, up a few years ago, but I wouldn't have done it, as I trust NO-ONE.

Anyway, are you getting a coursing dog, or a lurcher?

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Entirely up to you mate but you might be able to have a little dabble with the odd rabbit before the season ends, a bit of ferreting perhaps. 

There's two different schools of thought on this from what I can gather. 

One being "wait until they are at least 12 months before introducing to quarry" and the other being "start them off early, holding rabbits in purse nets to get them keen". 

A good lurcherman mate of mine reckons the second option is better so I'll be off out with him soon I think. 

• Like 2