Who's actually got a lurcher?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.

Cheers lads,I've just put her to rest in our favourite spot along the river....Run free my girl...

My Wheaton X is 3,I've a young Plummer bitch 5 months, Russell bitch 7, Russell dog 4,patterdale bitch 12 and  2 7 week old Russell's,dog and bitch I'm gonna probably end up running on abit ?...what's

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I use this bitch for a bit of everything...she keeps me happy when we are out ?DSC_1761.JPG.b05ab236b20888910dbce785d7daa6da.JPG

she had a good innings mate i had to take my old un the other day to be pts over 14 had 5 years at the old lady’s getting spoilt laid on the couch ? on the one way journey A28C787E-F6C8-400C-8316-0A4A381B0919.png.13425abf9e00f720e4cbdc318ec96fc5.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

she had a good innings mate i had to take my old un the other day to be pts over 14 had 5 years at the old lady’s getting spoilt laid on the couch ? on the one way journey A28C787E-F6C8-400C-8316-0A4A381B0919.png.13425abf9e00f720e4cbdc318ec96fc5.png

Looking back through my old memory cards...she came too me at 18 months old when my mate went over the wall..I had the pleasure of her company for 13 yrs.. She worked for me for 11 of them. ?DSC_2115.JPG.66f72a3eed8c7feadab8fcdfd4165796.JPGDSC01001.JPG.034b7ce6578b77876011a3daf5a32057.JPG

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Looking back through my old memory cards...she came too me at 18 months old when my mate went over the wall..I had the pleasure of her company for 13 yrs.. She worked for me for 11 of them. ?DSC_2115.JPG.66f72a3eed8c7feadab8fcdfd4165796.JPGDSC01001.JPG.034b7ce6578b77876011a3daf5a32057.JPG

lucky bitch how a good un should be looked  after dc ?

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gutted for you Sean ☹️R.I.P

iv said I reckon this will be my last lurcher, still got a good few years left in her yet, so see how we go 

im getting close to 70  and wouldnt like to be without a runner  , so i recon youve plenty of time yet bigyin  ..

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Cheers lads,I've just put her to rest in our favourite spot along the river....Run free my girl...DSC_1307.JPG.2dc92a15a749e9d805774f1d59775024.JPG

sorry DC for your loss, they deff get under our skin, and  thats nice place to  put her to rest.Back to the post , suppose  its how you define  word lurcher ? now over my 30dd years messing around lurchers, ive had big'uns  and small ones, rough/ smooth, dogs and bitches .Not going to say one was better than another, all caught rabbits, the odd deer, and foxes and few hares. i did have a good bitch smooth brindle 24 in 50lb , had few hares in the day, good in the lamp took what ever you slipped her on, but got crippled at 4 year old with knee injury, i kept her 14 years till she died. had bullxs, collie xs  and got my  1x gsd x grey Buck  who 10 this year. like say all of them been good dogs.But  i will say that  my last two  1xs, bryn and Buck , have lasted longer than all my other lurchers, bryn had lot of work , ok it was most on rabbits, but he the same as Buck both have this toughness  about them, Buck was bred more for lamping , but he got good nose like bryn had for finding game, many of Buck catches were out of the lamp , he had stuff in woods etc.  like said any lurcher  with 4/8 running dog in it going catch you game , ok some people like alot of running dog in the mix  at least 3/4 runner ,and i had very good 1/4 pit 3/4 grey, had some sport with him. but like that bitch he took a bang and fooked him up . so ive deff learned i think to 1xs more so if they got good lump or herding in the mix  = collie, kelpie , gsd , i always fanced drop  acd  in a lurcher , as old phil  tell you  there good knock about lurcher .

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gutted for you Sean ☹️R.I.P

iv said I reckon this will be my last lurcher, still got a good few years left in her yet, so see how we go 

See how things go these next few years,and my big dog could be my last too Don... would be nice to be able to go places and not have to worry about finding someone to look after a kennel full of dogs..my Mrs deserves a well earnt break from it all...put up with me and my shit for  long enough ?

• Like 4

My Wheaton X is 3,I've a young Plummer bitch 5 months, Russell bitch 7, Russell dog 4,patterdale bitch 12 and  2 7 week old Russell's,dog and bitch I'm gonna probably end up running on abit ?...what's it they say..."your not getting out Son, your just getting in.... welcome to the layer cake ??DSC_1235.JPG.3f9e448d7b972fe0ffd108c8e44ac433.JPG

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My Wheaton X is 3,I've a young Plummer bitch 5 months, Russell bitch 7, Russell dog 4,patterdale bitch 12 and  2 7 week old Russell's,dog and bitch I'm gonna probably end up running on abit ?...what's it they say..."your not getting out Son, your just getting in.... welcome to the layer cake ??DSC_1235.JPG.3f9e448d7b972fe0ffd108c8e44ac433.JPG

nice heads on them DC , jacks  are full of character  aint they  lol , we got little woody here, he jack x Chihuahua  , he good ratter when he not snoozing in the garden lol, mind you he  good  life in him for old dog lol, them pics 6 years ago with my lad

woody 1.jpg

woody 2.jpg

1 minute ago, bird said:

nice heads on them DC , jacks  are full of character  aint they  lol , we got little woody here, he jack x Chihuahua  , he good ratter when he not snoozing in the garden lol, mind you he  good  life in him for old dog lol, them pics 6 years ago with my lad

woody 1.jpg

woody 2.jpg

he about 11 we think not quite sure, he was rescue  , he dont look much deferent now 

32 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same pal iv asked a lot my missus for years now an iv had a good run of it, god knows what I do tho, maybe take fishing bit more serious ? but there again my bitch only 2, so anything can happen ?

It's in your blood Don, I'm in my 70th year and when I got the last running dog put down , I asked myself if I'd be happy just walking the house cur down to the allotment ? 

The answer was no !

Im happier bringing on a pup and looking forward to the future, far more than sitting watching day time telly and wondering what might have been ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 8