Given they have a two stage interview process it sounds like a formal process and so I wouldn't expect to hear back straight away. Likely got at least two people at 2nd interviews and they won't make a decision before both have been done but I'd expect to know within 24hours of the last person being interviewed. You will hear back given you got this far, and I'd expect to know next week. Might even get the nod this afternoon if you were the last.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k me lads.. Started to lose hope regarding this job. Been sending the odd email and 2day I have just finally heard back. Couldn't of come at a better time. Start next Monday.

It's a fitters job mate..flood doors working all round the country. .literally set my self a goal  late last year to be out the werehouse game permanently . Was less that a week between the first

Still on the tills in aldi ? 

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Given they have a two stage interview process it sounds like a formal process and so I wouldn't expect to hear back straight away. Likely got at least two people at 2nd interviews and they won't make a decision before both have been done but I'd expect to know within 24hours of the last person being interviewed. You will hear back given you got this far, and I'd expect to know next week. Might even get the nod this afternoon if you were the last.

So straight away, within 24hrs and next week then ? hedge fund manager ?

• Haha 3

Back in the olden days, there were no CVs, no interviews, no vetting. You heard about a vacancy, went along and were told to start  next day or as soon as. I had 3 jobs in  a week once. Didn't like the first one, foreman was an arsehole in the second and the third I stayed two years. Too much malarkey these days. Employers definitely have the upper hand, it's ridiculous imo.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Back in the olden days, there were no CVs, no interviews, no vetting. You heard about a vacancy, went along and were told to start  next day or as soon as. I had 3 jobs in  a week once. Didn't like the first one, foreman was an arsehole in the second and the third I stayed two years. Too much malarkey these days. Employers definitely have the upper hand, it's ridiculous imo.

Yeah, it was different in the past, but it was far easier for an employer to get rid of an unsuitable employee.

These days it's almost impossible to sack someone, you'll end up at a tribunal or a court case and , win or lose,  it will cost you !

Good or bad ? I don't know, but if I was an employer, I'd want to be absolutely sure the guy I was hiring was right for the job !

Cheers.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jok said:

Wish you all the best pal. When you get the start when will it be. I have a Marquee business for sale and wish that some enterprising young folks would get on the bandwagon. It’s a licence to print money. Jok.

Money to be made if you put the hard work in you got any jobs going ? 

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Yeah, it was different in the past, but it was far easier for an employer to get rid of an unsuitable employee.

These days it's almost impossible to sack someone, you'll end up at a tribunal or a court case and , win or lose,  it will cost you !

Good or bad ? I don't know, but if I was an employer, I'd want to be absolutely sure the guy I was hiring was right for the job !

Cheers.

thats why so many just use agency staff now, benefits of a full time employee with none of the hassle and they work harder thinking there may be a full time job at the end of it

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Unless you`ve been employed for 12 months or more you will be very lucky to claim unfair dismissal.

15 hours ago, tb25 said:

Just been for a second interview at a company. Very informal this time round..

I take it a second interview is a positive thing but not quite in the bag just yet.

The question is gentlemen is how long can I expect to wait to here back.?

A second interview is always positive. Normally less than a week for a response afterwards.

Remember to ask for feedback (good and bad) regardless if you get the position or not. Never hurts to see yourself through another set of eyes and improve ;)

I got knocked back a few years ago for a job, the feedback from their HR was, I didn’t come across hungry enough. My response… I called the global sales director directly and pitched the cnut ? I was offered a job and negotiated a 15K raise on their offer.

Failure is the path to success mate!

Edison when asked about the journey to the lightbulb said “I didn’t fail when it didn’t work, I found ways how not to make a lightbulb” ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

thats why so many just use agency staff now, benefits of a full time employee with none of the hassle and they work harder thinking there may be a full time job at the end of it

I have noticed with the minimum wage going up some firms are finding it cheaper to sett folk on with a 3 month trial. 

• Like 1