Ford ecosport

Anyone had one of the diesel ecosports , I’m going to look at one tomorrow and also an ix35 and sportage . On paper the ecosport sounds ok for what I want , good ride height , cheap tax and insurance and good mpg but I’m just not sure if they are any good or ones to avoid . I know the 1 litre petrol engines haven’t got the best rep but is the 1.5 tdci any better . 

Really , I’d just assumed the sportage and ix35 were going to be pretty much the same as my previous car which was a Tucson so I’ve not really done any checking on them other than just find a couple to look at based on that 

3 minutes ago, neil r said:

Really , I’d just assumed the sportage and ix35 were going to be pretty much the same as my previous car which was a Tucson so I’ve not really done any checking on them other than just find a couple to look at based on that 

Tucson and Sportage share alot of parts and are basically the same motor but ix35 totally different .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

Tucson and Sportage share alot of parts and are basically the same motor but ix35 totally different .

Thanks for that , I didn’t realise the ix35 was different. I thought because they look similar that it was just another version of the Tucson with a different name 

Thanks . You’re pretty much confirming what I was reading about the tdci last night about it being a decent engine . I know makers mpg claims are usually lies but even if you knock 10 mpg off it would still be in the 50’s where the others would be in the 40’s which isn’t too bad but the extra mpg plus the big difference in tax is swinging me towards the ford as long as it’s big enough with the rear seats dropped down 

The mpg will be high mate the last 5 or 6 motors I've had have all been 4x4 so was prob getting between 30-40 mpg filling up every week sometimes more than once now I fill up around once a month I think you'll be In 60s for mpg as a guess as never had the eco sport but used to average 50s in the old connect and in my motor now bet its high 60s if not more sensible driver???????

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

The mpg will be high mate the last 5 or 6 motors I've had have all been 4x4 so was prob getting between 30-40 mpg filling up every week sometimes more than once now I fill up around once a month I think you'll be In 60s for mpg as a guess as never had the eco sport but used to average 50s in the old connect and in my motor now bet its high 60s if not more sensible driver???????

My Tucson 4wd was heavy on fuel , something like low to mid 30’s . I liked the car but with the miles I was doing it was costing a fortune so anything above 50 is a bonus 

• Like 1

Don't know about the diesel variants but the 1.0 Petrol is a disaster.

Massive engine failures all over the place (commonly resulting in a new engine) and hundreds of complaints to the SMMT.

Also watch out for the electronic steering racks, another common failure, and a repair bill from Ford approaching £2K

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

f**k all them off...and get a Toyota RAV4 d4d ...cheap and cheerful ?

My cousin just picked up a 2010 , diesel , 5door with just 56,000 on the clock for £6500 …absolute mint ..

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, sussex said:

My cousin just picked up a 2010 , diesel , 5door with just 56,000 on the clock for £6500 …absolute mint ..

I just picked up a 2010 Honda CR-V Luxury Spec' in much the same condition for just a little bit more money. All the bells and whistles and a lot more comfortable than the old Berlingo. It is doing 40mpg and negotiated my 4x4 test course with ease, so no getting stuck on the river banks. I think the newer 1.6 models do over 50mpg.

• Like 1