Idiot moments!

I've had my fair share  of contributing to idiot moments. In fact it could be said I'm a natural!

Took the dog a walk and bagged a pheasant.20220119_163933.jpg.038bb081a13ca750cdba25186620bf38.jpgNothing remarkable there I know.

No it was when I got to the trail camera that my latest idiot moment was revealed!

Checking the times that slinky visited the site it suddenly dawned on me the cameras clock was a hour forward!

All those early mornings were a total waste of time for goodness sake man........

So how is it for you. Any one got any comical idiot moments that at the time were frustrating but are laughable now?

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might of said this before but my idiot moment was bursting for a wee when out foxing , whipped the little chap out and pis*ed on a electric fence, fell on the floor and pis*ed all over myself, never

Out shooting pigeons on the edge of copse where the adjoining field had an electric fence, farmer says "when you want to pick up go in the shed and turn the power off".  Unfortunately he never told me

I've had my fair share  of contributing to idiot moments. In fact it could be said I'm a natural! Took the dog a walk and bagged a pheasant.Nothing remarkable there I know. No it was when I

Posted Images

I used to do a lot of rabbitting in the Borders and loved working the terrier marking the dry stone walls and pulling out the rabbits. Now the whole farm was electric fenced to the mains. One day I was trying to extract a rabbit from a wall when my forehead touched the electric fence and sent me flying 6 foot in the air landing on my back , my mate was killing himself laughing but all I could do was cry my eyes out , not through pain but I was in shock. I am now terrified of electronic fences ......oh and I continued and still got the rabbit ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not so much idiot moments but I’m always tripping over stuff when mooching at night:(

was talking to a couple of mates the other night, we’re all a couple of years either side of 50 and it’s not just me?

one got tangled in the barbed wire last week, me other mate slipped on a massive bank and went flying… me shotgun mate jumped a wall and bust his ankle and had to use gun like a crutch for the mile trek back to motor?

and me spotter is an hour out too?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Climbing a barb wire fence in my new trousers as the bloke behind spoke I turned to listen and!!

Fell off tearing them open crotch to knee to. 

I wasn't laughed at wearing gaffer taped pants for the next 5 drives much .?

And for the hell of it drove to Sussex on the Fallow with my trusty .243 rifle and my .308 ammo wallet ?

• Haha 7

I might of said this before but my idiot moment was bursting for a wee when out foxing , whipped the little chap out and pis*ed on a electric fence, fell on the floor and pis*ed all over myself, never felt pain like it and I had ball ache for the next 24 hours, it felt like I’d been struck by lightning, when I’m out now I never wee up against anything 

• Haha 14

Out shooting pigeons on the edge of copse where the adjoining field had an electric fence, farmer says "when you want to pick up go in the shed and turn the power off".  Unfortunately he never told me that two electric fences were run from that shed and i turned the wrong one off. tried to cross the fence over an old bath (trough) with a scaff board on as a style. OMG Mike Tyson could not have landed an uppercut like the blow I took too my balls, don't know of long i lay there whimpering. Like Stav says above ached for the next day.

• Haha 9

Lots, but one I'll never forget.

Long drive for me, nearly 50 miles to pick up my lad, then off to one of his shoots another 20 miles away, only to open the boot and find all the guns but the ammo box which also contained all the rifle Bolts was still back at my house!

:(

• Sad 4
1 minute ago, Deker said:

Lots, but one I'll never forget.

Long drive for me, nearly 50 miles to pick up my lad, then off to one of his shoots another 20 miles away, only to open the boot and find all the guns but the ammo box which also contained all the rifle Bolts was still back at my house!

:(

Bet you were popular....(!)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Bet you were popular....(!)

Daft thing was he was ok, he had one of his rimfires, but I deliberately took a different calibre rimfire and a few centrefires, so I could do nothing but follow him around, and get wet I remember, it was one of those misty days with fine rain that simply soaks you.

We gave up early with nothing to our name, just one of those days you right off but never forget!

:thumbs:

• Like 3