Hot plates/electric rings

28 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

So no alternative to the above hotplates??? nothing better??I thought I'd be bombarded with great devices lol

I use an old gas cooker in the kennels, gas lasts a long time. 

Most the greyhound lads use a big single gas ring.

• Like 3

Yeah,I was looking into that earlier this week,I'm a bit wary of a naked flame as I store a bit of paint and thinners and haven't a lot of width in the shed with freezers,and work table ,and 2 old timers of dogs sleep in there too,

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Yeah,I was looking into that earlier this week,I'm a bit wary of a naked flame as I store a bit of paint and thinners and haven't a lot of width in the shed with freezers,and work table ,and 2 old timers of dogs sleep in there too,

Could be a bit dodgy then, could you knock something up to put round the ring, gas is brilliant for instant heat jigsaw stick a kettle of boiling water over the grub and it's bubbling away in minutes. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

So no alternative to the above hotplates??? nothing better??I thought I'd be bombarded with great devices lol

Probably because those little solid plates are a hard act to beat, mate. Got one myself, for my fried eggs. What's not to like with 'em?  They just do the work.

Stable as wall bricks too :good:

• Like 1

Any thoughts on this type,....I just have a big whore of a pot,stick a load of veg,2 or 3 full chickens from Lidl,a lump of beef fat,and a few beef shin bones and boil the shit out of it,think this might be ok ?

Screenshot_2022-01-20-19-57-11-044_com.android.chrome.jpg

Don't know if this comment is any good to you (i work in industry or on sites) but the Baby Belling stoves from canteens are often 'skipped' at the end of jobs just because they are filthy and not cleaned. Two rings on them if space is not an issue.

• Like 1
Just now, hambone said:

Don't know if this comment is any good to you (i work in industry or on sites) but the Baby Belling stoves from canteens are often 'skipped' at the end of jobs just because they are filthy and not cleaned. Two rings on them if space is not an issue.

Thanks ham ,I'll take a look see what they are,being in the right place at the right time is the thing I'd say

• Like 1

Induction hobs are great , as long as pots and pans are iron/steel I believe, instant targeted heat etc but you need the right pots/pans 

WWW.WHICH.CO.UK

Induction hobs claim to offer the best of both worlds compared with gas and electric, combining the responsive...

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Ffs,it isn't cheap by any means lol

Screenshot_2022-01-20-19-57-30-084_com.android.chrome.jpg

ye there not cheap. think i gave just over a £100 in a sale on nisbets a couple year ago. manages to boil 50 litre no problem. for what you want id just buy a 1500 - 2000w one. should cook what you want no problem. induction is safe to use.

• Like 1