Best Rangefinder for use at night?

_Lewis_

• 2 weeks later...

I have a MTC Rapier OLED range finder.

I use it with digital night vision and I can see the laser dot from the range finder.

I simply move the dot to my target using my add-on and then look at the illuminated display on the range finder.

I might try to mount the LRF next to my scope. 

LRFs usually use >900nm wavelength lasers, which means tubed Gen1 NV won’t see it. Not sure about the later generations tubes.

I use a Nitesight which work well on the gun but stupid money but there is another gun mounted unit which is about £125ish, my pal has a couple of these and really rates them.  The LE-032 is the one my pal has.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find great deals on eBay for night vision range finder. Shop with confidence.

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/01/2022 at 00:26, _Lewis_ said:

What’s the best rangefinder for use at night?

I have a Nikon prostaff 550, happy enough with it but the display is not illuminated & not easy to see in very low light. Below is an extract from the review at [link] "I've seen reviews that reject the idea of a black reticule option. The Nikon 550 uses a black-on-clear reticule, which is normal for a base to the intermediate optical product.

Most of this criticism is brought by saying the black reticule is not easily seen during a late-dusk or early-dawn range scan. We are talking about the range finder reticule here while measuring for a shot, having measured that, a gunshot is intended to take your prey. My position is this: Nikon's choice to use a black reticule is sufficient for safe use and practice. You should not take a shot when the reticule is obscured by darkness. The taking of prey is the objective, but the safety of people or other hunters should be our primary concern. This reticule is fine for safe hunting practice, and I agree with Nikon's optical development team in choosing the black"