Jump to content

West Sussex working teckels


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair I’m tempted to get a teckle bitch and start knocking pups out £150 -£250. That will upset a few folk 😂 

I’m not into slagging anyone on an open forum mate. Don’t personally have anything to do with the fella but know who it is, and a fair idea what he does. Just isn’t my cuppa tea but each to their own.

Lads yous are going a bit off topic  no one said they are any better or worse than a terrier  the lad just wanted to know if the man worked his teckels 

Posted Images

if people want well bred pups then £1500 isn't out of the way the pup is worth what people are prepared to pay if they are want they could always import one like the man selling the pup's

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
48 minutes ago, Netmaker said:

if people want well bred pups then £1500 isn't out of the way the pup is worth what people are prepared to pay if they are want they could always import one like the man selling the pup's

 

£1500 is a good whack for a pup whatever way you try to dress it up. The lad imports them and sells for a profit ? And also breeds a few litters a year from his bitches? It’s a buisness. So how much does he actually graft those dogs ? 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

£1500 is a good whack for a pup whatever way you try to dress it up. The lad imports them and sells for a profit ? And also breeds a few litters a year from his bitches? It’s a buisness. So how much does he actually graft those dogs ? 

He can put any price he wants on his pups,can’t he?

If people are prepared to pay that amount it’s entirely their decision.I’m not a member of his fan club mate just telling you what I know of them.

Contact him and ask him directly if you are that interested in finding out how much he does with them mate

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kevj said:

He can put any price he wants on his pups,can’t he?

If people are prepared to pay that amount it’s entirely their decision.I’m not a member of his fan club mate just telling you what I know of them.

Contact him and ask him directly if you are that interested in finding out how much he does with them mate

I worked out who it was about three posts in mate. I would hazard a guess how much he does. And aye anyone can put any price on anything they like, and that’s their look out. End of the day we all have to make a coin and some folk choose to make their coin from breeding and selling working dogs........ each to their own.

Was just interested it the lads saying he’s a gent and he grafts his dogs hard actually know that from personal experience, because you see a lot of recommendations on here based on nowt. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
47 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I worked out who it was about three posts in mate. I would hazard a guess how much he does. And aye anyone can put any price on anything they like, and that’s their look out. End of the day we all have to make a coin and some folk choose to make their coin from breeding and selling working dogs........ each to their own.

Was just interested it the lads saying he’s a gent and he grafts his dogs hard actually know that from personal experience, because you see a lot of recommendations on here based on nowt. 

Hi mate not a dig just a question do you know the guy and his dogs? Anything should know mate ? Cheers 

Link to post

I’m not into slagging anyone on an open forum mate. Don’t personally have anything to do with the fella but know who it is, and a fair idea what he does. Just isn’t my cuppa tea but each to their own. But I would suggest you go and see for yourself before spending £1500.
 

End of the day teckles are nice enough little dogs, good fun and very cute. I personally don’t see the advantage of them compared to a good bushing terrier for cover work. We used to keep beagle / teckles and they were great little hounds but again not really bushers.

Sadly teckles have like a few other minority breeds, attracted a few peddlers. There isn’t really any reason for them to be priced at five times the cost of a good bushing terrier or x breed. And then anyone who spends £1500 thinks, well I’ll get a bitch and breed a litter and make my money back. 

  • Like 3
Link to post

If anyone wants to show me these teckels and work some different ground got some decent muntjac fox and rabbit bushing about me wouldnt mind seeing them do few bits when i say bushing tho small dogs gotta do the catching that sort of bushing.

Link to post

As far as paying the price for his dog's nobody holds a gun to your head to buy one though their was a time when a weeks wage was a lot to pay for a working dog now some times i see a month's wages being normal for a pure bred working dog pup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

As far as paying the price for his dog's nobody holds a gun to your head to buy one though their was a time when a weeks wage was a lot to pay for a working dog now some times i see a month's wages being normal for a pure bred working dog pup.

So out if interested we why should a pure breed working dog be ten times the price of a x bred working dog ? 
 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

So out if interested we why should a pure breed working dog be ten times the price of a x bred working dog ? 
 

 

It's always been the case so it seems I would never pay that amount for a pup. In my opinion a lot pay and buy pure bred dogs with the intention of breeding in the back of their minds in some cases. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 22/01/2022 at 15:26, SheepChaser said:

Just always seems a lot of folk couch a lot for dogs they don’t know much about. 

I bought a teckel pup off a keeper who’s been breeding them and working them a good few years, held back on mine as it’s only 7 month old but he’ll be on it soon, he’s from good ground stock and the keeper seriously rates wswt

  • Like 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...