17 hours ago, Greb147 said:

You can earn 12 n half grand before you have to start paying tax.

With his state pension and if he has any other private pension he will get rinsed from the tax man i get rinsed by the tax man because i have a small pit pension on top of my wages i get and our lass is the same with her council pension i honestly think its disgusting that private pensions should be taxed.

• Like 4

Go for it, Kieth ! ?

You can allways pack it in if it doesn't suit you personally or financially.

The thing is to avoid boredom at all costs, it can be very easy to get into a rut !

Ive been retired for 18 years, and while my missus does a lot of travelling, I've done enough travelling in my life and am a home bird now.

When the missus was away, I signed up for all sorts of things; I did three month teaching dole claimants how to construct a c.v., open an e mail account, etc. I took a two month course on solar panel installation, so I could install my own if I ever got round to it, I got myself a cscs card, a PAMAS card, health & safety at work card......all things I'll never use but kept me busy and I found interesting.

Ive got my dogs, poultry and two Allotments.

I couldn't find the time to have a part time job ! ? !

Stay busy, keep healthy, mate ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, sid g said:

i got taxed on my lump sum  on a pension which i paid for with money that i already been taxed on ? then when i spend it c**ts will tax me again work out how much your pounds worth when its been taxed 3 times ,,

I recently weighed my work place pension in because i don't want to be paying tax when i retire the small amount i got i was taxed at 25 pct i don't know how the feck they work that out.

during my working life i paid into 3 different pension schemes, but never invested in a personal pension, took my first pension at 60yrs after 18 yrs paying into a  superanuation scheme paying tax weekly on it, got taxed again on it when i took as a lump sum all wrong,the other 2 company schemes i paid into were a  defined benefit and a defined contribution scheme same thing, paid up full stamp all my life, came out of work once in my life, for a few weeks,some struggle to get dole at that time, swore i would never sign on again arseholes.

• Like 1

Kieth ,I have just phoned my son in law (who works for the benefits thingy ) I explained your situation as well as I could with the information you have given us ,I told him you are worried that accepting the position could have a detrimental  effect on any benefits ,pensions you are in receipt of and you are unsure of the tax implications ,he says he doesn't know ,it's not his department .

• Haha 12
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Kieth ,I have just phoned my son in law (who works for the benefits thingy ) I explained your situation as well as I could with the information you have given us ,I told him you are worried that accepting the position could have a detrimental  effect on any benefits ,pensions you are in receipt of and you are unsure of the tax implications ,he says he doesn't know ,it's not his department .

A Scouser who doesnt know about benefits....bullshit i dont believe you ?

• Haha 5