Fully Vaccinated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

……and they always use a mask ?  Nah, just f***ing, something a bit different 

yeh thats the thing....a prey species like sheep will atack things that look small week and feeble.....just nature mate....

Yeah, hopefully mate. I don’t worry that it has to be “Lamb”, I just let them eat grass until I want one and the bigger they get the better the return. I killed a 5 year old ewe last time an

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Arry said:

Them Jacobs have brains Wilf they will go in a shelter by them selfs.

Cheers Arry

They do mate, but the bonus is they get very tame so they are easy to handle.

Im a bit short of grass at the moment and the little sods keep doing the great escape…..Jacobs can jump really well so I’m afraid unless I deer fence they always find a way.

Edited by WILF
30 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Plenty of meat in the freezer then. I take it you’re keeping the meat for you and family? What’s the comparison in flavor and fat content of the meat, compared to normal blackface etc. For example I know certain old breeds of pig have much heavier fat content in the meat and a different flavor to the commercial pig breeds.

Yeah, hopefully mate.

I don’t worry that it has to be “Lamb”, I just let them eat grass until I want one and the bigger they get the better the return.

I killed a 5 year old ewe last time and it was miles better than young lamb and about 4 times the meat.

Couldnt tell you about fat on sheep, I just have not killed enough of them to be a judge but for pigs I like plenty of fat.

Topping up with rolled oats did the trick on my last pigs, great big layer of fat ?

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Rams can kill other rams. Alerted a neighbouring farmer to two rams fighting a few year back.  By the time he got there one was flat out. The winning ram continued  to charge its enemy's  head. It survived but was touch and go for a few days.

That’s why I’m killing a couple of last years ram lambs, they are castrated but I don’t want to find out if it will be a problem…..they won’t be doing damage in the freezer mate.

Gave a few quid for my pedigree ram there and I don’t want him damaging himself either for no reason.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, mushroom said:

The tup that got me had two feckin huge horns. I thought my arse was gonna come out of my mouth, it hit that hard ?

yeh thats the thing....a prey species like sheep will atack things that look small week and feeble.....just nature mate....:D

• Haha 6
4 hours ago, WILF said:

That’s why I’m killing a couple of last years ram lambs, they are castrated but I don’t want to find out if it will be a problem…..they won’t be doing damage in the freezer mate.

Gave a few quid for my pedigree ram there and I don’t want him damaging himself either for no reason.

I've been killing and eating hoggets all autumn, did the last two just after Christmas, they've been delicious especially considering they've been living off scrub rather than grass. Was great to watch them hoovering up blackberries though. Sure that's got to be good for the flavour

• Like 2

We have 4 ewes dew last week in March,  getting them scanned any time now , still got 8 pet lambs from last year but as soon as the grass grows they will be fit and off looking forward to see how the differ from the younger lambs we had taste wise 

2 hours ago, dytkos said:

Good to see you showing some positivity on here Wilf you miserable cnut ??? 

Cheers, D.

Don’t get too excited mate, normal service will be resumed shortly ! Lol 

• Haha 2