Feral lurcher.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting & reminds of story relayed to me by a close mate who lives in FNQ(Queensland).While he was fixing a fence on his cattle station above Cooktown after the" big wet".He caught a movement

I saw a greyhound on the side of the highway in bushland south of Sydney around ten years ago. I pulled up around 100m past and walked back to see if I could catch the dog before it got hit. As I got

The litter brother to my old bitch Delta got loose and lived wild for around six weeks before my mate managed to catch it. It was living in a woods, haven't got a clue what it lived on. A local M

This has reminded me of yet another story ,that happened about 7 or 8 years ago about two lost pig dog's that went on a killing spree lasting several months which resulted in them killing hundreds'(800) of high country sheep .  The farmer lay in wait unrewarded due the mountain terrain & huge area they were living in .  The dogs would kill here one night only to pop up many miles away the very next night to kill again .The dogs were thought to be living in some of the rock caves found in that area of the Canterbury high country .Hunters were called in ,choppers armed with thermal cameras, all to no avail, so after after several months the army was called in, I cant remember if they manage to shoot the dogs or  if they were shot randomly by hunter or farm hand .I think one was mounted in the end a has a reminder as to the huge cost involved. Just Google sheep killing dogs of the high country .   

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 2

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you China , the martlesham feral dog 

not strictly a lurcher , but as close as possible 

currently been living feral for 4 years !! 

M.(!64.56:886

Martlesham's Missing Dog - 'China', Martlesham. 2,031 likes · 2 talking about this. Help Get China Home...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you China , the martlesham feral dog 

not strictly a lurcher , but as close as possible 

currently been living feral for 4 years !! 

M.(!64.56:886

Martlesham's Missing Dog - 'China', Martlesham. 2,031 likes · 2 talking about this. Help Get China Home...

Loads of them foreign "rescue" dogs end up legging it first chance they get don't they as they prefer life outdoors. I've seen several locally on faceache

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Loads of them foreign "rescue" dogs end up legging it first chance they get don't they as they prefer life outdoors. I've seen several locally on faceache

That's true. Well meaning but stupid people take these basically feral dogs and expect to home a domesticated dog. Romania has a huge problem with street dogs biting people with several fatalities. They must be laughing themselves silly when daft brits offer to take  them off their hands.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

New owner furious that rescue group Pawprints2Freedom would not help

Edited by jukel123

I used to part time live in Spain They are hard on dogs in spain especially Podencos. We regularly when out in the scrub walking or on the canal on the bikes used to come across ferral dogs. If you managed  to get one to approach you and give him or her a bit of affection it was fatal you were stuck with them. I have the image of a bull type trotting past us with a flattened rat in his mouth trotting home which was probably an old concrete pipe left by the builders. My Mate in lanzarote once took a stray Jack in for best part of a week. His wife broke her heart as when they were going home in the Taxi the last view they had of the dog was it belting up the road after them as the taxi accelerated away. He puts that down as a big mistake and he is not wrong. Just the thought of that affects me as i'm typing.

• Sad 4
17 hours ago, jukel123 said:

That's true. Well meaning but stupid people take these basically feral dogs and expect to home a domesticated dog. Romania has a huge problem with street dogs biting people with several fatalities. They must be laughing themselves silly when daft brits offer to take  them off their hands.

I know two dogs recently rehomed from Rumania. Both very nice good looking dogs getting on fine with the very nice people that have taken them on. Personaly I think its a nice thing to do.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

New owner furious that rescue group Pawprints2Freedom would not help