Dog Hygiene

20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

they shouldnt be gunking up though mate id get some ear cleaner anti bacteria from pet shop lay dog on back pull ear back put it in massage bottom of the  ear mate then cotton ball dry after 

dont worry about nails mate if worried just trim  abit  at a time until you see a circle in the nail thats the start a the quick ive had to cut em off flush to toe before mate

what dog do you have mate 

Think its just from not getting em cleaned out fully off the bat. Last dog had a floppy ear so wasnt problem this one has pricked ears so notice they get dirtier faster.

he’s a wimp when it comes to nails can cut his pads/feet to pieces without a care go to do his nails n he hates it! 

collie bull grey

20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

19226898-110F-42B4-8533-0EE0AF399E04.jpeg.32cde35b23973685a61c69759a661f49.jpegi just use these i be honest i’m rough sometimes have odd one bleed don’t bother em  little feathered wimp won’t make a murmur so lads should be ok with there dogs  ? 

but if worried do a bit at a time until you see a ring appearing 

Same as I have 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Big Pow said:

Think its just from not getting em cleaned out fully off the bat. Last dog had a floppy ear so wasnt problem this one has pricked ears so notice they get dirtier faster.

he’s a wimp when it comes to nails can cut his pads/feet to pieces without a care go to do his nails n he hates it! 

collie bull grey

Had a Russel bitch years ago with prick ears used to sufffer bad with getting shit in them that bitches eyes weren’t the best either we where digging on a lot of old railway embankments that black fine shale slippy stuff horrible stuff to dig in 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Had a Russel bitch years ago with prick ears used to sufffer bad with getting shit in them that bitches eyes weren’t the best either we where digging on a lot of old railway embankments that black fine shale slippy stuff horrible stuff to dig in 

Might just be the fact that his radars just attract a bit more grime. Doesnt suffer with eyes but also doesnt dig railway embankments so that probably helps

• 4 months later...

Inkeeping with the theme...any advice on deshedding tools? Rather the advice of dog men rather than sponsored ads on google searches. My last broken coated boy didnt really blow but this new one must have sled dog blood in there somewhere with the amount he drops in summer months

8 minutes ago, Big Pow said:

Inkeeping with the theme...any advice on deshedding tools? Rather the advice of dog men rather than sponsored ads on google searches. My last broken coated boy didnt really blow but this new one must have sled dog blood in there somewhere with the amount he drops in summer months

I read on here to use an old hacksaw blade and it worked  on mine and he stood there and enjoyed it 

0AAD24F8-AA08-4B4E-9707-D5784FED4D90.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Samrog said:

I read on here to use an old hacksaw blade and it worked  on mine and he stood there and enjoyed it 

0AAD24F8-AA08-4B4E-9707-D5784FED4D90.jpeg

Absolutely old hacksaw blade. Was shown that 40/ 50 year ago, you'd be surprised the amount of dead fur and shit it straps out, as Samrog said dogs seam to like it. For the nails plenty of walking on road etc but if you need to clip then buy decent clippers not cheap rubbish. If you do happen to cut too short and you get a bit of blood then did the claw in corn flour and it will stop almost instantly,  did this on the birds claws as well , many years ago when I bred mules and hybrids.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bird Catcher said:

Absolutely old hacksaw blade. Was shown that 40/ 50 year ago, you'd be surprised the amount of dead fur and shit it straps out, as Samrog said dogs seam to like it. For the nails plenty of walking on road etc but if you need to clip then buy decent clippers not cheap rubbish. If you do happen to cut too short and you get a bit of blood then did the claw in corn flour and it will stop almost instantly,  did this on the birds claws as well , many years ago when I bred mules and hybrids.

I tried 2 different purpose made brushes. Load of sh1te! The hack saw blade was a real winner I didn’t mind doing it at all ??

20 hours ago, Big Pow said:

Hacksaw blade every time, tried those furminators they’re ok but I still rate the hacksaw blade better