Dog Hygiene

What do folk use for keeping their dogs at the height of cleanliness? 
Mostly talking about ears here, the amount of gunk that seems to build up resulting in all night head shaking is phenomenal. 
How cropped are you keeping nails? Best tooth and gum care?

Seems not to be a topic but I know everybody is keeping their dogs in top condition

2 hours ago, Big Pow said:

What do folk use for keeping their dogs at the height of cleanliness? 
Mostly talking about ears here, the amount of gunk that seems to build up resulting in all night head shaking is phenomenal. 
How cropped are you keeping nails? Best tooth and gum care?

Seems not to be a topic but I know everybody is keeping their dogs in top condition

if there is gunk in there mate and it’s shaking all the time scratching uuntil they bleed 

if you smell them does it smell could be an infection maybe need anti biotics could also be ear mites will be muck  in there and normally scratching until they bleed on out side id get some advocate for this mate be on the safe side it must be horrible shaking head and scrating 

the nails just trim mate leave abit past tithe quick 5mm or so doesn’t hurt them just get them snipped mate 

best thing for teeth is bones regular mate if they are bad then plague off works i seen it on a old staffys teeth worked a treat after a month just sprinkle a spoon you get in the tub  on the meal everyday then once abit better  bones aswell 

hope this helps mate 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 6

Like mc said its probably infection and your dog be in discomfort so best thing you could do is go vets and have it looked at ,my young bitch had a reaction to a new carpet last year and lost fur and bunged up ear so carpet came up fur grew back but needed ear rinse and that's something best left to vet . Atb 

18 hours ago, Big Pow said:

How cropped are you keeping nails?

i would say any dog doing that has already got ear mites

Not scratching at all. He has big ears that seem to fill quickly, no sign of ear mites and definitely no infection. Just general build up of gunk. Was mainly wondering what people used as a general cleaner as just cleaning them out doesnt seem to shift enough for it not to build back up quickly.

also has quick growing nails and vet never seems to cut them back far enough. Ill trim them up myself but im reluctant to take them back too far

all these things were mainly talked about as part of general maintenance of your dog and to see if anybody was using specific products or had any old school techniques to keep up the general hygiene of our beloved canine sidekicks. 
Trying to break the monotany of the “show us your…” and “new pup” posts

5 minutes ago, Big Pow said:

Not scratching at all. He has big ears that seem to fill quickly, no sign of ear mites and definitely no infection. Just general build up of gunk. Was mainly wondering what people used as a general cleaner as just cleaning them out doesnt seem to shift enough for it not to build back up quickly.

also has quick growing nails and vet never seems to cut them back far enough. Ill trim them up myself but im reluctant to take them back too far

all these things were mainly talked about as part of general maintenance of your dog and to see if anybody was using specific products or had any old school techniques to keep up the general hygiene of our beloved canine sidekicks. 
Trying to break the monotany of the “show us your…” and “new pup” posts

they shouldnt be gunking up though mate id get some ear cleaner anti bacteria from pet shop lay dog on back pull ear back put it in massage bottom of the  ear mate then cotton ball dry after 

dont worry about nails mate if worried just trim  abit  at a time until you see a circle in the nail thats the start a the quick ive had to cut em off flush to toe before mate

what dog do you have mate 

19226898-110F-42B4-8533-0EE0AF399E04.jpeg.32cde35b23973685a61c69759a661f49.jpegi just use these i be honest i’m rough sometimes have odd one bleed don’t bother em  little feathered wimp won’t make a murmur so lads should be ok with there dogs  ? 

but if worried do a bit at a time until you see a ring appearing 

Edited by mC HULL
14 hours ago, mC HULL said:

19226898-110F-42B4-8533-0EE0AF399E04.jpeg.32cde35b23973685a61c69759a661f49.jpegi just use these i be honest i’m rough sometimes have odd one bleed don’t bother em  little feathered wimp won’t make a murmur so lads should be ok with there dogs  ? 

Has that one got thing to stop you cutting to much off?

If you trim them and then file them you will not need to trim so much and the quick will slowly go back over time.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, mC HULL said:

They are spot on mate..that's what I use now and again..Nice clean cut and no squashing the nail like shit nail clippers do..

1/2 Mile walk down a railway line I used to do for there nails now and again never needed a nail clippers then ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, king said:

They are spot on mate..that's what I use now and again..Nice clean cut and no squashing the nail like shit nail clippers do..

1/2 Mile walk down a railway line I used to do for there nails now and again never needed a nail clippers then ?

Did you take a line blockage? 

• Haha 1