After 10 days…

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

filth said to me if your not in control of your dog and it chases and kills a mammal it’s classed as a dangerous dog ☹️could a been talking shite like 

I believe that is incorrect Brother.. or ambiguous at best.?

Most days, I walk ground that I am trapping moles over,...I also need my canine helpers to find ensconced rats and rabbits, for me and my paying client...

If a hare or deer crashes out of cover, or rises from the set aside when I am walking in, couched conies,.. there is little that I can do, to prevent an unintentional catch.

To be honest, these accidents happen all to frequently,.. I just wish someone would shoot these noxious pests,.. I am trying to do my job FFS!

Stay safe now,...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, zigzag dan said:

I've said it for a while now.......that message.....if you see a man with a lurcher in a van or 4x4 call 999 ......... imagine saying,if you see a black guy with a bull terrier in a BMW ......? ....talk about selective policing.

?? geet up 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

filth said to me if your not in control of your dog and it chases and kills a mammal it’s classed as a dangerous dog ☹️could a been talking shite like 

Tell them it's your misses dog as with sheep worrying a owner can say just that and get away with it as only a dogs owner in the eye of the law has full control over it and someone walking it won't have, i got away with my dog worrying sheep on this many years ago and the law is still the same so it can't look at dog control one way then another way on a hunting case...

15 minutes ago, fireman said:

Tell them it's your misses dog as with sheep worrying a owner can say just that and get away with it as only a dogs owner in the eye of the law has full control over it and someone walking it won't have, i got away with my dog worrying sheep on this many years ago and the law is still the same so it can't look at dog control one way then another way on a hunting case...

?

again I despair at this nonsense about it . 

lads they aren’t after the hare coursing   Lads , they aren’t interested in catching the lad out digging properly to one terrier and relaying the ground back . they aren’t interested in the rabbit lamper with 5 or 6 coneys ferrets in a box and a rangy whippet 

they are after us all. 

they don’t need to catch you !! 

going equipped is enough evidence when the bill starts getting enforced . 

give it all the chat about going out where they’re not bothered etc , see how your feeling when your having the  dogs taken , the car gone , the licence revoked , explain that to your wife when she’s picking you out of thirsk nick at half five on a Sunday with the kids in the car . 

you need to be In a position to take a pinch and weather it through to be even contemplating about setting foot on the fens etc . 

it will get to the stage where you will wonder if it’s even worth it!!! 

I know some keen lads and men who are packing in and winding down as it’s just not worth the agg. Lad I know who has lamped nigh on 40 years has jacked in . Awful times for lurcher men !! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

again I despair at this nonsense about it . 

lads they aren’t after the hare coursing   Lads , they aren’t interested in catching the lad out digging properly to one terrier and relaying the ground back . they aren’t interested in the rabbit lamper with 5 or 6 coneys ferrets in a box and a rangy whippet 

they are after us all. 

they don’t need to catch you !! 

going equipped is enough evidence when the bill starts getting enforced . 

give it all the chat about going out where they’re not bothered etc , see how your feeling when your having the  dogs taken , the car gone , the licence revoked , explain that to your wife when she’s picking you out of thirsk nick at half five on a Sunday with the kids in the car . 

you need to be In a position to take a pinch and weather it through to be even contemplating about setting foot on the fens etc . 

it will get to the stage where you will wonder if it’s even worth it!!! 

I know some keen lads and men who are packing in and winding down as it’s just not worth the agg. Lad I know who has lamped nigh on 40 years has jacked in . Awful times for lurcher men !! 

It’s been coming for years unfortunately, discrimination of the animal you own.. my mate owns a tarantula and a snake, doesn’t make him a goth… the c**t likes westlife!! A weirdo yes… goth naw!!  ?? 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

The problem with saying it was an accident it jumped up and I couldn’t stop the dog is that it’s admitting a lack of control over the dog which will lead to insistence that a running dog must be kept on a lead on public eyc 

Ah well what u say then is that you could of stopped the dog hadn't you just had a massive panic attack rendering u incoherent and wierd 

Act of God ask any judge 

• Haha 2