I've had to learn to hold my catty in my right hand and pull the bands back with my left hand .. " Because I'm having trouble shutting my left eye when im taking my shot. Doesn't matter how hard I try to close It , I end up closing my right eye at same time just start squinting . A know it sounds daft but I'm thinking of getting a patch because ive got a left handed catty lol.  It can't be just me that has this problem out there ffs haha. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
On 22/04/2022 at 06:48, Bangersanmash said:

I've had to learn to hold my catty in my right hand and pull the bands back with my left hand .. " Because I'm having trouble shutting my left eye when im taking my shot. Doesn't matter how hard I try to close It , I end up closing my right eye at same time just start squinting . A know it sounds daft but I'm thinking of getting a patch because ive got a left handed catty lol.  It can't be just me that has this problem out there ffs haha. 

I,ve held my fork in my right hand since childhood and shoot with both eyes open, there is no right or wrong way it’s just what suites you, I am right handed and it just seems natural to me to hold my fork in my right hand never had the internet or anyone to show us so just did what we found worked ??

• Like 2

Nice catapult lad ? I prefer aluminum frames, they hold up for better against fork hits and no recoil with double/triple bands. Highly recommend the ranger ergo ??

(Made a DIY catch box which I've added an image of the completed deisgn. I used a carbon arrow shaft to go in through the top about 5cm from the top the whole way through till the other end which allows me to hang a few t shirts and a towel inside the catch box which helps to slow the projectiles when they penetrate the target plus I added a few extra layers of cardboard at the back with heavy duty duck tape and she holds up pretty well. The beauty of the carbon arrow coming out both ends is that you can use Paracord or rope to hang it on trees or fencing which is great.)

IMG_20220424_162048_7.jpg

IMG_20220424_161848_3.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 24/04/2022 at 16:27, SlingshotMadness said:

Nice catapult lad ? I prefer aluminum frames, they hold up for better against fork hits and no recoil with double/triple bands. Highly recommend the ranger ergo ??

(Made a DIY catch box which I've added an image of the completed deisgn. I used a carbon arrow shaft to go in through the top about 5cm from the top the whole way through till the other end which allows me to hang a few t shirts and a towel inside the catch box which helps to slow the projectiles when they penetrate the target plus I added a few extra layers of cardboard at the back with heavy duty duck tape and she holds up pretty well. The beauty of the carbon arrow coming out both ends is that you can use Paracord or rope to hang it on trees or fencing which is great.)

IMG_20220424_162048_7.jpg

IMG_20220424_161848_3.jpg

Nice Frame mate , heck of a pull i bet ; looks like its fitted with double feraband gold ?

On 24/04/2022 at 09:17, Greyman said:

I,ve held my fork in my right hand since childhood and shoot with both eyes open, there is no right or wrong way it’s just what suites you, I am right handed and it just seems natural to me to hold my fork in my right hand never had the internet or anyone to show us so just did what we found worked ??

I'm right handed but have always held the forks in my left hand, also never close an eye, as stated by Greyman its what suits the individual. Had catty for 50+ year now (always milbro type). Also always held lamp in left hand and slipped the dog with right hand. Just what suits me.... but I have been told I'm odd !!

• 2 months later...