$778 billion military budget.

Watched that video of Streets of Philadelphia, Kensington street where all them poor b*****ds are just homeless and f****d up in the country that's supposed to be the most civilised on the plant. What makes it more sad, mental, whatever you want to call it, is the U.S.A. has just announced it is going to spend $778 billion, with a B, on its next military budget. $740 billion of that is going to the Pentagon. Once it's in the Pentagon it's totally unaccountable. The Pentagon has already got, now get this, $21 trillion missing, yes trillion with a T.

WWW.FORBES.COM

The DOD and HUD can't account for $21 Trillion and the accounting profession has given the government the...

If you add up the countries with the next 10 largest military budgets, together it comes to $760 billion. What the f**k are the U.S.A. going to be spending all that dosh on???? They have no Health system, they have Diabetics dying because a dose of insulin costs $100 and people just can't afford it. It's £12 a dose in Canada but they've actually made it illegal to cross the boarder to buy it. This was pushed through by big Pharma. The more I see and hear about the U.S.A. the more of a depressing place it seems and I'm glad as hell I don't live there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Watched that video of Streets of Philadelphia, Kensington street where all them poor b*****ds are just homeless and f****d up in the country that's supposed to be the most civilised on the plant. What makes it more sad, mental, whatever you want to call it, is the U.S.A. has just announced it is going to spend $778 billion, with a B, on its next military budget. $740 billion of that is going to the Pentagon. Once it's in the Pentagon it's totally unaccountable. The Pentagon has already got, now get this, $21 trillion missing, yes trillion with a T.

WWW.FORBES.COM

The DOD and HUD can't account for $21 Trillion and the accounting profession has given the government the...

If you add up the countries with the next 10 largest military budgets, together it comes to $760 billion. What the f**k are the U.S.A. going to be spending all that dosh on???? They have no Health system, they have Diabetics dying because a dose of insulin costs $100 and people just can't afford it. It's £12 a dose in Canada but they've actually made it illegal to cross the boarder to buy it. This was pushed through by big Pharma. The more I see and hear about the U.S.A. the more of a depressing place it seems and I'm glad as hell I don't live there.

Edited by Blackmag
11 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

WWW.FORBES.COM

I have only ever seen the United States on the telly mate but I sympathise with your point, it certainly seems to be a land of stark contrasts…..some places are like a fantasy land and 3 mile up the road is no better than the 3rd world.

And I agree, some of the day to day stuff and the degradation of some areas in a country so rich seems disgusting.

8 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Been watching loads of clips of Kensington Street mate, I visited philly in 2002 it was bad enough then I had to stop watching the clips it was making me ill ? I couldn't believe what I was seeing 

What was you doing there having a sit down with skinny Joey merlino

Since WW2 the Yanks have always spent zillions on the military. It is the biggest source of employment, stimulates innovation in non-military technology and gives a lot of poor young people a paid job. 

5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Since WW2 the Yanks have always spent zillions on the military. It is the biggest source of employment, stimulates innovation in non-military technology and gives a lot of poor young people a paid job. 

Their economy depends on perpetual warfare to stimulate demand for weapons and to stimulate research into more ever more sophisticated weapons

The yanks love a good war and spin any reason they want to start one. The military conflicts they have engaged is truly mind boggling.

WWW.THOUGHTCO.COM

A guide to the major wars in which Americans have fought from the colonial days to ongoing wars in Libya, Iraq, Syria, Uganda, Kenya, and Yemen.

To be fair to the Septics, a fair chunk of that budget goes on defending Europe.

Trump was pissed off that most European countries didn't meet the agreed 2% GDP that was agreed on for funding NATO.

If it wasn't for the Americans huge military might and nuclear deterrent, the Russians would probably be massing on Germany and Polands borders instead of Ukraines !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2