400k proceeds of crime for breeding bulldogs

On 12/01/2022 at 11:01, sid g said:

the main issue was they had no licence for the amount of breeding bitches they owned ---  dogs were good pedigree pups healthy and kept in good conditions -- hardly your average puppy farm conditions , 

6 litters out of 1 bitch in 4years,Hardly what youd call ethical either though were they

• Like 4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guilty of back to back breeding? Isn't that what farmers do and then cull animals when they they lose efficiency/ profitability? What makes dogs so different? Guilty of making healthy profits? Th

That's the crux of the article wrapped up in faux horror at the number of litters bred, they have to somehow justify nicking the guys £400k so they shroud it in puppy-farmer gobbledegook. 

Its always been the same making money from crime is the easy part....keeping and spending it is the hard part......naive,opportunist types get greedy and want to keep every penny they make whereas fol

Posted Images

The article said that they have over £1m in assets.  I'm sure it also said that they have a good reputation as breeders.

The answer looks simple to me - sell up, pay the £400k, take the rest and start again legitimately with a good creative accountant.

If it was me, I'd be looking to build things back up and bugger off to somewhere like America so that I never have to give HMRC another penny ever again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Thanks ? 

Looks like they apply for a civil enforcement order like in matrimonial cases.

Keep accounts of mole catch payments and trap expenditures, don't want you ending up in...... 

3 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

If it was me, I'd be looking to build things back up and bugger off to somewhere like America so that I never have to give HMRC another penny ever again.

IRS are like HMRC on steroids, don't want them hammering at your door either ? out of the frying pan into the fire ??

8 hours ago, mackem said:

No mate, trust me, they want that pound of flesh, no ifs no buts, you do the two years then you still owe the £400k with interest when you walk out of nick ? always pay your tax ? they have people by the balls,and squeeze them constantly ?

Nobody I know that has had to pay P,O,C have been let off or given a choice, but in that article it says pay the money or do the bird, in which case I’d be off up the big house, last mate of mine that got collared was ordered to pay 96k and when he tried to plead poverty the police said we know how much you have made and if you don’t pay the 96 we will come after the full amount, which they estimated around 1/2 a million, he suddenly found 96k sharpish but had a to do two year as well, as nicepix said they are just interested in raising revenue ?

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Nobody I know that has had to pay P,O,C have been let off or given a choice, but in that article it says pay the money or do the bird, in which case I’d be off up the big house, last mate of mine that got collared was ordered to pay 96k and when he tried to plead poverty the police said we know how much you have made and if you don’t pay the 96 we will come after the full amount, which they estimated around 1/2 a million, he suddenly found 96k sharpish but had a to do two year as well, as nicepix said they are just interested in raising revenue ?

Do the time, then still pay when you get out, it's not one or the other, yes you can haggle the amount but at the end of the day you gotta pay to play ?

Screenshot_20220113_172134.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

IRS are like HMRC on steroids, don't want them hammering at your door either ? out of the frying pan into the fire ??

I bet they are mate - I just meant that these 2 are going to have to go legit now so, in there shoes, I'd go and do it somewhere warm where I wouldn't have to pay HMRC :yes:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I bet they are mate - I just meant that these 2 are going to have to go legit now so, in there shoes, I'd go and do it somewhere warm where I wouldn't have to pay HMRC :yes:

Florida, fun in the sun ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Keep accounts of mole catch payments and trap expenditures, don't want you ending up in...... 

I don't get any allowances for expenditure on the tax scheme I am on. I pay just under 24% on all income, and all income is declared, even the cash payers and those who pay through my English bank account. The trouble with doing jobs on the black is you don't know who the other parties are talking to.

• Like 1

All the evil in the world and we concentrate on some guy who worked out there was money to be made in selling  designer dogs. 

Good luck to the guy if arseholes want to  buy some misshapen dogs that go with a season ticket to the vets.

• Like 5

Its always been the same making money from crime is the easy part....keeping and spending it is the hard part......naive,opportunist types get greedy and want to keep every penny they make whereas folk who have been around a bit pay the people who need to be paid,everyone go's on their merry way and the wheels keep turning.

Who in their right mind would be seen with one of them ridiculous hideous looking little dogs anyway ....." trends " are funny !

• Like 5
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

No money in moles anyways ?

You tried breeding them in merles or with big heads and jaws? Could make yourself a fortune mate if they catch on.?

Edited by jukel123