400k proceeds of crime for breeding bulldogs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guilty of back to back breeding? Isn't that what farmers do and then cull animals when they they lose efficiency/ profitability? What makes dogs so different? Guilty of making healthy profits? Th

That's the crux of the article wrapped up in faux horror at the number of litters bred, they have to somehow justify nicking the guys £400k so they shroud it in puppy-farmer gobbledegook. 

Its always been the same making money from crime is the easy part....keeping and spending it is the hard part......naive,opportunist types get greedy and want to keep every penny they make whereas fol

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Karl, 43, and Victoria Shellard, 40, forced canines to deliver back-back litters after setting...

Apparently they dont like not knowing what your doing ?

and you want us all chipped you plum take everything they want to now think how easy it would be if it’s numbers on a screen they can take when they feel like it 

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, sid g said:

the main issue was they had no licence for the amount of breeding bitches they owned ---  dogs were good pedigree pups healthy and kept in good conditions -- hardly your average puppy farm conditions , 

The issue might have been tax-avoidance as they were hit with £400k POCA, it's always good to have a creative friendly accountant ?

9 hours ago, sid g said:

the main issue was they had no licence for the amount of breeding bitches they owned ---  dogs were good pedigree pups healthy and kept in good conditions -- hardly your average puppy farm conditions , 

Since the POCA there has been a shift in priorities regards the police and other investigative agencies. Whover brings the prosecution gets a healthy cut of the POCA fines so they are specifically targetting enquiries with the liklihood of a healthy payday at the exclusion of other inquiries that might be more in the public interest but would cost too much to investigate and without any POCA kickback. 

Basically it stinks. 

18 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Since the POCA there has been a shift in priorities regards the police and other investigative agencies. Whover brings the prosecution gets a healthy cut of the POCA fines so they are specifically targetting enquiries with the liklihood of a healthy payday at the exclusion of other inquiries that might be more in the public interest but would cost too much to investigate and without any POCA kickback. 

Basically it stinks. 

Legal theft ? just another form of taxing. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, sid g said:

Do you class these healthy, desirable specimens?  I can't imagine any reason for wanting one for any reason.  

image.png

• Like 4
Just now, mackem said:

Legal theft ? just another form of taxing. 

The problem is, like what has happened with speeding fines, the police are putting more emphasis on generating money than serving the public's real needs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, sid g said:

they look healthy -- i`m not on about the breed standard blame the kc for that === like i said if you read what i wrote not your average puppy farm conditions puppy-farm-5jpg.jpg

Do they look healthy?  What do they look functional for?  What have the kc to do with it?  What breed exactly are they to have A standard?  Shameful.  But if fekwits are willing to part with thousands for them, that is their choice, but it only encourages breeding of unhealthy dogs.  I wouldn't pay £20 for one.

Guilty of back to back breeding? Isn't that what farmers do and then cull animals when they they lose efficiency/ profitability? What makes dogs so different?

Guilty of making healthy profits? That's called capitalism isn't it?

Guilty of breeding unhealthy monstrosities? That's consumer choice isn't it?

Guilty of avoiding tax?  How dare little people attempt this practice. That's the sole domain of the big boys!

They saw a market opportunity and made the most of it.  I would suggest that people who criticise them are just envious of the staggering profits they made. There was no cruelty involved as far as I can make out.

Load of sanctimonious bull.

• Like 10