Renewal SGC

14 hours ago, tomburras said:

My renewal letter landed on saturday morning and I didn't realise you have to do this but after a bit of research I found these guys....

WWW.MEDCERT.CO.UK

Applying for or renewing your firearms or shotgun licence? MedCert provides a fast and...

£60 so I got one ordered straight away it looks a simple and hastle free way to get it done.

Have you checked if your doctor will do it Tom? My doctor only charged £15, I think MedCert is a last resort if your doctor declines.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the past tense?? 

Personally I think it's wrong. All it will do is encourage anyone with any kind of mental illness of which can and does take hold of many at any given moment, deter them from getting treatment an

This is true, but let’s say “ john smith’s “ life isn’t going to well at the minute, he’s in a dead end job and his missus has ran off with the milkman, the only thing that cheers him up is busting a

Posted Images

15 hours ago, tomburras said:

My renewal letter landed on saturday morning and I didn't realise you have to do this but after a bit of research I found these guys....

WWW.MEDCERT.CO.UK

Applying for or renewing your firearms or shotgun licence? MedCert provides a fast and...

£60 so I got one ordered straight away it looks a simple and hastle free way to get it done.

Good shout that Tom I’ve got a couple of years left but a couple of months ago  I received a letter from the doctors to say that they were no longer going to supply records for Shotgun & FAC applications, so it was an impending nuisance to deal with, this has been saved to my favourites ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Have you checked if your doctor will do it Tom? My doctor only charged £15, I think MedCert is a last resort if your doctor declines.

Hi! To be honest no I haven't gone direct to the doctors myself. I am really busy at the moment so I am using this for convenience and to make sure I have it on record that I got the ball rolling on this in good time.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Good shout that Tom I’ve got a couple of years left but a couple of months ago  I received a letter from the doctors to say that they were no longer going to supply records for Shotgun & FAC applications, so it was an impending nuisance to deal with, this has been saved to my favourites ?

I'd be putting a complaint in, they have to address it as they're still nhs funded, if your not happy with the outcome you can then raise it higher with the nhs, they don't like been investigated, opens up lots of cans worms for gp clinics. Then I'd change to a surgery that did do them, GP'S get paid per patient whether you see them or not, they don't like losing you!

Anyway managed to get an email back about my ticket today, it's all taking sixteen weeks, and not to worry, I can keep/use my GUNS as when I get my new ticket it will start from when my old one expired! I shit you not I have an official email from local firearms office ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'd be putting a complaint in, they have to address it as they're still nhs funded, if your not happy with the outcome you can then raise it higher with the nhs, they don't like been investigated, opens up lots of cans worms for gp clinics. Then I'd change to a surgery that did do them, GP'S get paid per patient whether you see them or not, they don't like losing you!

Anyway managed to get an email back about my ticket today, it's all taking sixteen weeks, and not to worry, I can keep/use my GUNS as when I get my new ticket it will start from when my old one expired! I shit you not I have an official email from local firearms office ?

I must admit Gav I have considered changing GPs but if all goes as planned there’s a high possibility I could be in a new firearms area and could find myself with a new GP as I plan to move about 6 months before my tickets expire to coincide with my retirement.

Good to hear your lot are all over it we could do with a it more consistency nationwide.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I chased my GP today for my questionnaire which they have had for 2 weeks , still havent looked at it sorted them it was unacceptable and need it this week.  Requested a call from the practice manager .......still waiting ?

Seems like everyone is entitled to use the wuhan flu ? get out clause now, big fat ???? joke!

Hope you get sorted soon pal ?

16 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I chased my GP today for my questionnaire which they have had for 2 weeks , still havent looked at it sorted them it was unacceptable and need it this week.  Requested a call from the practice manager .......still waiting ?

Ask your firearms admin for a temporary ticket.

Spoke to practice manager today about my medical questionnaire and was told again that it's not priority and will have to wait. Getting annoyed now as they have had it 3 weeks and not even looked at it , told her its unacceptable but like banging my head off the wall.

19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Spoke to practice manager today about my medical questionnaire and was told again that it's not priority and will have to wait. Getting annoyed now as they have had it 3 weeks and not even looked at it , told her its unacceptable but like banging my head off the wall.

It must take them all of two minutes to do it. I can’t complain as my doctor did mine straight away. It was an easy £15 for him, but I’m happy enough with that and no hassle.

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You need to cut them some slack, they are very busy hiding from people with colds! ?

• Haha 3