Stuck ejector

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if there will be a days shooting for sale at Stavs, i might pm him! ?

Yes, that's two birds already! Our dogs got a toy one somewhere- this is turning into a red letter day! 

Was walking in the rain last  Saturday with my Mrs. We got soaked. I said " I'm bosting for a pee". She said " go in that Bush then". I said " na, I'll get little Bernard wet". She

Posted Images

12 hours ago, ianm said:

I must admit to being an AYA fan. They are superb guns but not very popular because they are sxs and double trigger. The first guns i had were sxs so i have no problem changing between single and double triggers. I think the fall from popularity is due to people learning to shoot at clay shoots. The first thing they are handed is an o/u with which they are taught to shoot. It then becomes "the norm" and afterwards people either can't or are unwilling to try a sxs. There are two of us on our game shoot that use sxs, i like tradition and i think it looks sad the rest of them stood about with their numb handling heavy "clay pigeon guns". 

I taught my eldest grandson that shoots to use a sxs when he was younger. He was a member of BASC young shots and a local wildfowling club. They have a clay competition every year for the youngsters and he won it with an old AYA yeoman. He beat a kid his own age that has everything shooting related you could think of including a new Berretta o/u every couple of years. His dad is an ex England team shot and coaches him three times a week. When Sam beat him and it was by a fair margin there where some wry smiles from the old boys.

I have two yeomans in twelve bore, a number three and my favourite a no4 in 20 bore. I am seriously considering buying a nice no2 sidelock.    

I’ve got an AYA No4 in 12g it’s very light and swings well I should get it out of the cabinet more but I’m just not that good with a shotgun to be honest.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got a knitted one that the missus made in the back of the car, we should be able to pass that off if I take the picture far enough away 

Yes, that's two birds already! Our dogs got a toy one somewhere- this is turning into a red letter day! 

• Haha 6

Front trigger , right tube.

Usually you can see the tighter choked barrel. It should also be stamped on the flats. Five stars being cylinder, one star being full choke.

Some grouse guns are choked the other way around. Front trigger still fires the right tube but the right tube has the tighter choke.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Front trigger , right tube.

Usually you can see the tighter choked barrel. It should also be stamped on the flats. Five stars being cylinder, one star being full choke.

Some grouse guns are choked the other way around. Front trigger still fires the right tube but the right tube has the tighter choke.

5 stars = Cylinder
4 stars =  1/4
3 stars = 1/2
2 Stars =  3/4
1 Star = Full 

Correct?? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

5 stars = Cylinder
4 stars =  1/4
3 stars = 1/2
2 Stars =  3/4
1 Star = Full 

Correct?? 

Correct, most will use back trigger to fire tightest choke, but as SD says, not all. Just check the markings on each barrel and you will know for sure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, David.evans said:

So Ben after your poaching weekend up at stavs , and eating all his pie was it the spring in the gun lol ? 

atb 

Yes mate. The 12 is sorted now. But tbh I much preferred thr sXs 16bore. Can't see the beretta getting out of cabinet in near future... 

• Like 5