Stuck ejector

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if there will be a days shooting for sale at Stavs, i might pm him! ?

Yes, that's two birds already! Our dogs got a toy one somewhere- this is turning into a red letter day! 

Was walking in the rain last  Saturday with my Mrs. We got soaked. I said " I'm bosting for a pee". She said " go in that Bush then". I said " na, I'll get little Bernard wet". She

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Any good with the spring Ben ?

Yes mate I'm 99% sure it's spring after swapping like you said. Fingers crossed I'll be able to make it to gunsmith to get new spring. But just incase... 

Bought a 16 bore aya from fella down the road! 

16419986014911349035113934259659.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Ooh, that looks nice, which one is it? 16g very underrated. Coll factor maximum?

No.3 mate. Feels lovely. Hopefully give it a try tomorrow. 

£75 including 2 boxes of carts ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

No.3 mate. Feels lovely. Hopefully give it a try tomorrow. 

£75 including 2 boxes of carts ?

When you’ve used them 2 boxes of cartridges and you realise it’s expensive to feed, give me a shout and I’ll give you your money back on it ??

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Yes mate I'm 99% sure it's spring after swapping like you said. Fingers crossed I'll be able to make it to gunsmith to get new spring. But just incase... 

Bought a 16 bore aya from fella down the road! 

16419986014911349035113934259659.jpg

I must admit to being an AYA fan. They are superb guns but not very popular because they are sxs and double trigger. The first guns i had were sxs so i have no problem changing between single and double triggers. I think the fall from popularity is due to people learning to shoot at clay shoots. The first thing they are handed is an o/u with which they are taught to shoot. It then becomes "the norm" and afterwards people either can't or are unwilling to try a sxs. There are two of us on our game shoot that use sxs, i like tradition and i think it looks sad the rest of them stood about with their numb handling heavy "clay pigeon guns". 

I taught my eldest grandson that shoots to use a sxs when he was younger. He was a member of BASC young shots and a local wildfowling club. They have a clay competition every year for the youngsters and he won it with an old AYA yeoman. He beat a kid his own age that has everything shooting related you could think of including a new Berretta o/u every couple of years. His dad is an ex England team shot and coaches him three times a week. When Sam beat him and it was by a fair margin there where some wry smiles from the old boys.

I have two yeomans in twelve bore, a number three and my favourite a no4 in 20 bore. I am seriously considering buying a nice no2 sidelock.    

• Like 5
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I agree , I have always had a sxs . I think clay guns look awful on a game shoot they belong on clay grounds. 

20200410_135116.jpg

? you old man ?

I do love a sxs, the first shotgun I ever used was a old baikal it was proper ruff but handled lovely and I tried and tried to get the lad to sell me it once I had my ticket but he wouldn’t 

I don’t mind what people use on a shoot day as long as they hit something and don’t shoot me, I will draw the line with a semi or a pump though 

53 minutes ago, Stavross said:

? you old man ?

I do love a sxs, the first shotgun I ever used was a old baikal it was proper ruff but handled lovely and I tried and tried to get the lad to sell me it once I had my ticket but he wouldn’t 

I don’t mind what people use on a shoot day as long as they hit something and don’t shoot me, I will draw the line with a semi or a pump though 

Spoilsport, what, no ten shot autos allowed?   ?

How do you expect me to hit anything?

???

• Haha 3