11 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I remember watching me dad make a mash up in a big pot ,all kinds would go in it and he'd cook it up and the dogs and the game fowl was fed it couple times a week ,other times dogs just got few bones and table scraps but he'd go down slaughter house get barrow load of sheep heads every two weeks  and dogs done well on it ,not remember any passing away at young age or even going vets ,

I don't think dogs, or people are as tough as they used to be. Seems everyone now has food allergies or are just generally sickly. Only reason we live longer now is we are pumped full of prescription drugs. Could be we just eat too much these days?

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't buy Red Mills on principal since they buckled to the antis and pulled out of their sponsorship of greyhound racing .....they sell to the industry but don't agree with it???? how's that work .

I generally use raw when I can get it,I've a mate that helps me out a lot with flesh,Andi throw a cup full of dog meal in on top ,....I'll get at least a month out of the free bag ,I also do a few ste

I have been involved with greyhounds nearly 40 years and still feed traditional as I remember seeing trainers cooking a massive stew at the kennels ?.....I use pasta rice tripe , mince,sardines and ob

Posted Images

Pets at home prices are just ridiculous but they have the best price out for this stuff at 12.49 it was around a tenner a while back. Can either collect from store free or get delivered for less than 3 quid with in 2-3 days or free delivery for 4 bags. Can't fault it and he does ok on it

WWW.PETSATHOME.COM

ProductShortDescription is available to buy online at Pets at Home, the UK's largest pet shop with fast delivery and low prices

29583069147_4dc4b10021_o.jpg.0cd4093d7884cb9d87b03afa0e31f594.jpg

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, terryd said:

Pets at home prices are just ridiculous but they have the best price out for this stuff at 12.49 it was around a tenner a while back. Can either collect from store free or get delivered for less than 3 quid with in 2-3 days or free delivery for 4 bags. Can't fault it and he does ok on it

WWW.PETSATHOME.COM

ProductShortDescription is available to buy online at Pets at Home, the UK's largest pet shop with fast delivery and low prices

29583069147_4dc4b10021_o.jpg.0cd4093d7884cb9d87b03afa0e31f594.jpg

That with some raw 3 times a week an a few slices of brown bread with butter for coats or give them a cod liver oil capsule dogs will be fine. 

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I can remember as a kid waiting outside the dinner halls at school after school for all the left overs for the dogs, they thrived on it 

You had to get there before the pig farmer got it they took the lot then I think they were banned from feeding it to the pigs for one reason or another 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think dogs, or people are as tough as they used to be. Seems everyone now has food allergies or are just generally sickly. Only reason we live longer now is we are pumped full of prescription drugs. Could be we just eat too much these days?

I grew up eating what was put in front of me or I'd go without simple as that as me mother wouldn't put up with fussy eaters and definitely wouldn't have a jukel that turned its nose up at what was put down for it ,didn't eat it'd go hungry until it did .like you say lot of weak people about today who always sick and karnt eat this or that as it upset them ,fcuk they be upset if all they had was a boild pig trotter to chew on  for days meal ?  

I don't like the today's throw away and waste generation and I really think if they had to experience hardship then they might appreciate life a bit more .

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I grew up eating what was put in front of me or I'd go without simple as that as me mother wouldn't put up with fussy eaters and definitely wouldn't have a jukel that turned its nose up at what was put down for it ,didn't eat it'd go hungry until it did .like you say lot of weak people about today who always sick and karnt eat this or that as it upset them ,fcuk they be upset if all they had was a boild pig trotter to chew on  for days meal ?  

I don't like the today's throw away and waste generation and I really think if they had to experience hardship then they might appreciate life a bit more .

you sound like me old lady mooch lol  she will get days out of out of something cooked just reheat it the next day ? 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you sound like me old lady mooch lol  she will get days out of out of something cooked just reheat it the next day ? 

I can get 3 days out of one pot of stew and it always taste better next day anyway ,I don't like to waste food ,don't need it don't buy it .never get me head around these people that spend a fortune on grub just to bin it because they forgot to use it ,fcukers never been hungry in there life bunch of selfish cnuts .

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

fcuk they be upset if all they had was a boild pig trotter to chew on  for days meal ? 

Lol, we used to have them quite a bit and remember enjoying them, probably because if you didn't eat it you were clipped around the ear and went hungry, lol.

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I can get 3 days out of one pot of stew and it always taste better next day anyway

I do too, they reckon the stew is better for you the next day but don't leave it 4 days, you'll shit yourself almost to death as I found out ?.

6 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Boiled ,We would of loved a pigs trotter 2 chew on ,15 on us had to tek turns having us own trotters chewed on be the other 14 

If we were lucky 

14 hours ago, Black neck said:

Boiled ,We would of loved a pigs trotter 2 chew on ,15 on us had to tek turns having us own trotters chewed on be the other 14 

If we were lucky 

Their called crewbeens over here,(pigs feet boiled),all they are is grizle,lol....chewy fat,..we used to eat pigs heads too when young ,them days are long gone thank fuk lol...cows tongue is a favourite of mine,and cow heart cut in to thick slices ,cooked in the slow cooker,best food about,

44 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Their called crewbeens over here,(pigs feet boiled),all they are is grizle,lol....chewy fat,..we used to eat pigs heads too when young ,them days are long gone thank fuk lol...cows tongue is a favourite of mine,and cow heart cut in to thick slices ,cooked in the slow cooker,best food about,

Paradise 

• Haha 1