Here’s a question for you ? If feeding just carcasses, rather than a balanced raw feed concoction, would you feed a biscuit as well and if so, how often ? Mine usually get a couple days a week dry food and the rest of the time through the winter just flesh as it comes. 

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't buy Red Mills on principal since they buckled to the antis and pulled out of their sponsorship of greyhound racing .....they sell to the industry but don't agree with it???? how's that work .

I generally use raw when I can get it,I've a mate that helps me out a lot with flesh,Andi throw a cup full of dog meal in on top ,....I'll get at least a month out of the free bag ,I also do a few ste

I have been involved with greyhounds nearly 40 years and still feed traditional as I remember seeing trainers cooking a massive stew at the kennels ?.....I use pasta rice tripe , mince,sardines and ob

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Here’s a question for you ? If feeding just carcasses, rather than a balanced raw feed concoction, would you feed a biscuit as well and if so, how often ? Mine usually get a couple days a week dry food and the rest of the time through the winter just flesh as it comes. 

That’s what I do.. probably carcass fed 5 days a week… and a decent dry complete biscuit the other 2 days. 

• Like 2

Always fed bit of a mixed realy but always contained a decent dry mix biscuit with , chicken mince beef mince tripe chunks/mince pheasant rabbit works well for me and in summer find dogs dont eat as much so tend to feed less flesh as they leave it and it gets fly blown 

used to messabout mixing beef and chicken trying all different biscuit now winter time just feed good puppy food for hard worked dogs aswell as pups and flesh as it lands not bought any for ages normally can get my hands on different bits n pieces. 

Seen some people on the field and trial muesli mix not for me but i aint feeding loads of dogs and seen loads dogs do well on cheap food

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Best biscuit I’ve tried and I’ve tried the majority is called akela made in Britain 40 quid for 10 kg sack 39% protein top stuff can make em noisy if they ain’t doing that much tho 

I use a similar feed.. 80/20. It’s really good stuff 

• Like 1
On 11/01/2022 at 11:18, Bangersanmash said:

50 notes it's ashame he's opened it you could of taken it back. Or you still could just say you've found something in the bag. Get a few biscuits out an soak them let them go mouldy then put them back in the sack jobs a good en 50 notes back ? 

When I worked at place that made chudleys people was always sending bags back in because they found Stanley knife blades and nuts and bolts and company would send them refund and several bags of feed but then clocked onto the blade scam and started ingraving dh on blades but they karnt disprove nuts and bolts and metal shavings as bits of metal everywhere in production buildings, most the feed they made was over priced rubbish but like you say fools and there money ? 

• Like 2
On 11/01/2022 at 12:17, Aussie Whip said:

It's changed a lot since the old days when people kept dogs to do a job be it guarding, hunting or stock work and the other job of living off kitchen scraps. I remember some of these old time dogs as a kid, they hardly ever got sick and lived to a ripe old age.

I remember watching me dad make a mash up in a big pot ,all kinds would go in it and he'd cook it up and the dogs and the game fowl was fed it couple times a week ,other times dogs just got few bones and table scraps but he'd go down slaughter house get barrow load of sheep heads every two weeks  and dogs done well on it ,not remember any passing away at young age or even going vets ,

• Like 3