R.I.P. FREDDIE

earlier today, i sadly lost my 5yr old deerhoundx greyhound to bloat,  vet did emergency op on him,but sadly he didnt make it,had lots of lurchers in my 6+years on this planet, but first time losing a dog to this, freddie was no world beater, but he was an honest and loyal pal to me, and always gave his best,he kept me going when i was going through a rough time health wise, to say im going to miss him is going to be an understatement, run free freddie my loyal pal, seems to get harder to deal with now im  getting older.

• Like 11
  • Sad 13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

earlier today, i sadly lost my 5yr old deerhoundx greyhound to bloat,  vet did emergency op on him,but sadly he didnt make it,had lots of lurchers in my 6+years on this planet, but first time losing a

thanks lads, for all your kind messages and consideration, your a good bunch of lads,going to collect him from vet today, and lay him to rest in a place where he loved to hunt,and  he will rest where

You wrote "honest and loyal", nothing more required from a dog.

Posted Images

As if life isnt hard enough as it is my friend, you go lose your loyal pal,  and yes life does seem, and is harder as you get older in circumstances like this

RIP FREDDIE 

• Like 1

It's a sickener mate I lost my 2 year old stafford to lymphoma. One minute he was fine next min he was a total mess lost 7kg in five days. Went from 17kg to 10kg looked shocking. There was no signs at all in him until the last week. He just went off his scran which I knew from that as he could eat lol. The day I knew he wasn't right is when a could feel like golf ball size lumps under his jaw line which the vet told me was his glands that were up. The vet said it looks like he's got load of fluid in his belly so will x Ray him see what's what. Came back an his words was f**k me I've never seen anything like this. His liver is touching his belly button its bad the cancer am so sorry. Well i just broke down so I know how you feel mate. An what broke me the most is it was when the outbreak of covid first started so I couldn't be with him when they put him to sleep. A could sit on a chair but could comfort him which broke me the most. Took me over a year to come round from it. An one morning the wife came in the room with Julie who bred him an said we've got you a surprise. An they had me a pup who is out of the same lines as D jango was going back to My old bitch who was bred by Dean cund who owned bold bull Black Jack. The pain will get easier mate but you won't forget as it sounds like you was close him so I'm so sorry pal. Here's my new bitch 

20220103_111628~2.jpg

• Like 5