Advice on getting either, Bedy Whippet, or Bed Lurcher. Any Wire haired type. Pedigree not an issue.

Back again after, missing for while, health issues, and general turmoil of life and getting bit older.

I live small village, in SW Scotland , ( New Galloway, near Dumfries and Castle Douglas ) but can travel if suitable dog comes up. Looking for wire haired lurcher type dog. Easy management and good companion for country walks,   Also accompany mate on days out with his ferrets.

On my last post in July, some perfect dogs were shown to me, I love the Bedy Grey., along with the other photos in my last post, all them would been perfect. I do prefer it on the smaller size.  Im not to up on particular names of breeds.

I did grow up with dogs, as my father always had gun dogs, so have basic knowledge on dog managment.

My prefrence, is the long wire haired, silver grey Bedlington Whippet, or the lurcher. I prefer the Bedy Whippet simply as I believe it's slightly smaller.

Can anyone advise me, if Im making correct decision, in choosing the Whippet cross ?

And any advice on good dealer, or breeder where Im likely find a long wire haired type dog.

And what sort money should I be paying ?

Many thanks !!!

a beddywhippet will suit you well. they are not really a running dog, but will be fine for country walks and ferreting. a good one will work cover and find game, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant etc. they will catch on short runs. they are easy to live with, in house etc. great country companion. need to get one from working stock, some sky high prices around but I would say about £400 a fair price but that's my take on it?

Screenshot_20201117_183246_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 3