Biographies/ autobiographies.

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Dont expect it to be light reading mate , you’ll be surprised as it’s very very wordy , not like the average footballers / wrestlers / boxers where it glosses over the “I won the world title in front of my family , the crowd went wild , I was so pleased , I’ve came a long way “ 

it’s a tragi-comedy of constant pain , bankruptcy ,banal normality , addictions , and lifts the curtain on the sad lonely life of a sports star and all the addictions that go with it . 

glam it isn’t 

Read Lemmys book White Line Fever, expected a lot more, not as “hardcore” (shit word but can’t think of another) as I wanted.

Just finished Tim Burgess and again not enough depth/stories I suppose… 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Niven wasn't just a great actor, he gave up his Hollywood career to join the British army, and ended up a Colonel in Phantom brigade, a special forces unit. The epitome of the British gentleman !

Bartley Gorman good book ?

Mien Kampf ..A Hitler 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Kinell Charts, they're old, I bought the first one for mother's birthday, when I was about 18 lol.

The Mr Nice ones are quite a good read, Mrs brother sent me the first one down and a while later I went to an Evening With Howard Marks, got him to sign it: to Wayne, good toking, Howard Marks.

Gave it back to him next time we went back up North and he said "I didn't like the cnut, anyway" lol 

Used to have loads but car booted them when we came out of the pub, mostly sports and entertainment people.

Cheers, D.

Nivens books are great, especially the bits where he lived at " Chirrosis By The Sea" with Errol Flynn.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Kinell Charts, they're old, I bought the first one for mother's birthday, when I was about 18 lol.

The Mr Nice ones are quite a good read, Mrs brother sent me the first one down and a while later I went to an Evening With Howard Marks, got him to sign it: to Wayne, good toking, Howard Marks.

Gave it back to him next time we went back up North and he said "I didn't like the cnut, anyway" lol 

Used to have loads but car booted them when we came out of the pub, mostly sports and entertainment people.

Cheers, D.

Yeh I liked howards books very entertaining..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Cash by Johnny cash. 

hitman , Brett hitman hart autobiography which is comfortably in my top 5 books ever. 

can’t hurt me by David goggins , not strictly an auto but as close as possible, loved that book .  

78751C5E-34CF-4C88-BDE8-DFB0F69D849D.png

CE309F2F-14A5-4F3C-AC99-C7360F9DF059.png

class was brett the hitman hart best era a wrestling ? 

Not long since downloaded Bob Mortimers new autobiography with him being a similar age to me I could relate to a lot of things in his childhood growing up. The wife got Claire Balding the TV presenters autobiography though I have not read it though there is chapters on some of the lurchers her father kept who was an horse trainer and going on the names I think pictures of them featured in in Walshes lurchers and longdogs.

I’ve just finished Sean Kelly’s autobiography, it’s a good read. Anything factual cycling wise I find interesting as I used to do a lot in my younger days. Tim Moore writes a good book on his travels around the world on a bike and changing topic, Graham Nashs book is brilliant ??

F611FB76-9728-44C5-AF1E-9CC78A88EA49.jpeg

0BC49A23-9CA2-4FA8-B567-A0443E0BD595.jpeg

98F7CAE7-903E-4E02-A66A-04AC8FFFD5DB.jpeg

• Like 3
11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Dont expect it to be light reading mate , you’ll be surprised as it’s very very wordy , not like the average footballers / wrestlers / boxers where it glosses over the “I won the world title in front of my family , the crowd went wild , I was so pleased , I’ve came a long way “ 

it’s a tragi-comedy of constant pain , bankruptcy ,banal normality , addictions , and lifts the curtain on the sad lonely life of a sports star and all the addictions that go with it . 

glam it isn’t 

I read the books by the British Bull dogs .dynamite kids books was very similar and a interesting read .he was left wheel chair bound in the end and how davey Smith stuck it up him with pay packets and deals with promotions  .I think they both married harts sisters .

Kalifornia,about some fella who ended up Marc Bolans manager.. Watch my back by Ron Thompson?( i think that's the fella's name) was a good read and not just a meat head doormans book like most are/have been..