Rat In Recycling Box

Just below my kitchen window I have my 3 recycling boxes,one for tins and plastics,one for cardboard and the other for glass,easy and convenient to wash the item,open the window and drop it in the right box.Garden light came on a few times last night,went upstairs to investigate out of my bedroom window only to look down upon a huge rat rummaging through my recycling.

Trap set today....will I get it....?

45 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If your trap set properly an he has to go through the trap to get to your goodies, then you’ll have him, what type trap?

At the moment I’ve gone for the traditional victor snap trap,and to protect unwanted kills I’ve placed it in a homemade box actually among my recycling.

Im waiting for another Rosheild trap box and trap to arrive then I shall place one either side of my recycling boxes.

I would get more satisfaction from the breeze block trap. What you do is carry one upstairs and wait until the rat is in the box and drop the f***ing block on the dirty b*****d. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
17 hours ago, socks said:

I would get more satisfaction from the breeze block trap. What you do is carry one upstairs and wait until the rat is in the box and drop the f***ing block on the dirty b*****d. 

When I lived at home my mum saw a rat eating out of our old dogs dish ( mum was upstairs and dog dish was directly under the window ) she filled a big jug of water and pouerd it over sed rat , I remember my dad giving her a right telling off saying why did she not drop the full jug on the bugger n kill it not just wash it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • 1 month later...
On 04/03/2022 at 20:43, DIDO.1 said:

Been catching my fingers since I was 5....dont even feel it anymore 

I always remember my late Dad showing me as a young lad how to set this type of trap and then handing it to me to set down,oh how he use to laugh when it would trip as I placed it down?

• Like 1