Metal Detecting.

4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You lead an amazing, mysterious life mate. Are you the next James Bond?

No mate, I am just a dumb old guy with a bad memory who lost a small barrel of paper once ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for couple of hours in a field today two coins, bit gutted worn. A bit of brass that I think horses reins went through. A rivet fro an old belt that probably drove a thrashing machine. And a bit o

A few of the better hammered I’ve found  edward 1st,Henry v1,Elizabeth 1,Henry 111,Mary,James I   

Do a fair bit of detecting found some nice bits, found this the other week when I was walking the dogs part of a Bronze Age flint dagger

Posted Images

Few boys I used to knock about with got in to detecting after the ban,they have found some interesting stuff over the yrs....nothing to retire on yet mind?....I know that Layton fella who got caught...his own fault for being greedy..would of made enough ,handing it over to the authorities,and saved himself 8 yrs?

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I can't get on with mine at all. 

You wanna buy it @Greb147

Not now you've said that. Lol

Gonna give one of them Garratt's a bash, struggling to find the 250 though. 

You know of any good online shops that sells them? 

I never went out with the Garrett I owned briefly but I work with a fella who’s into it got some farmers land that used to be used by Romans etc 

He always finds coins etc shows me pics on his phone , he told me he leant his dectector up against car then drove  off over Christmas holiday realised next day went back to there an it was still laid in corner of field he had to dry the headphones out though ??

Quite fancy go at magnet fishing though .

8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I never went out with the Garrett I owned briefly but I work with a fella who’s into it got some farmers land that used to be used by Romans etc 

He always finds coins etc shows me pics on his phone , he told me he leant his dectector up against car then drove  off over Christmas holiday realised next day went back to there an it was still laid in corner of field he had to dry the headphones out though ??

Magnet fishing can only find rusty shite. Coins, gold and silver won't stick to a magnet. Unless you find a gun that was dumped recently then I can't see what good stuff you might turn up. 

47 minutes ago, stop.end said:

It's genuinely something I've always been interested in but never took the plunge in buying one..you've got me thinking Dido... I'm nearly sure there's laws about metal detecting in Ireland North and South.

I've just googled it and I'm still not sure. 

There is a Facebook group about metal detecting in Ireland....might be a good start 

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Magnet fishing can only find rusty shite. Coins, gold and silver won't stick to a magnet. Unless you find a gun that was dumped recently then I can't see what good stuff you might turn up. 

Just looked quite interesting but yeah after so many stolen bikes scooters and shopping trolleys probably get fed up ?

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I,ve done a bit of magnet fishing as I live on a boat and a strong magnet on a string is an esencial piece of kit for keys glasses and other bits that fall in, but as dido says the only other things I’ve found are rusty nails, and fishing hooks ?

15 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Few boys I used to knock about with got in to detecting after the ban,they have found some interesting stuff over the yrs....nothing to retire on yet mind?....I know that Layton fella who got caught...his own fault for being greedy..would of made enough ,handing it over to the authorities,and saved himself 8 yrs?

He lives near me, they would've received £500,000 for declaring it.