FAC references

Hi guys, im in the motion of applying for my fac air licence, but im struggling with referees/references, supposed to be person/persons of good character,and I dont know who I  could ask, I have a couple of permissions for rabbit control,one of who is in favour of me getting my fac whose land has already been cleared, any info will be gratefully appreciated...

First of all make sure the land you permission to shoot on is safe for fac and to be on the safe side you want at least 10 - 20acres, normally it is far greater than this but nevertheless it is a good guide in my area anyway.   For a referee, use your employer, long standing friend who has not been in trouble, another fac license holder you know well,  retired policeman,  rifle range owner/manager,  local vicar,  any professional person you know well such as a solicitor / dentist / nurse / etc.  It can be anyone of good standing, my shooting partner is one of my referees and a long standing friend is another and I have never had an issue. 

Different regions have different rules, for example, I had to get my fac linked to several farms which mean't that I could not take the gun elsewhere, then after 8 months, I asked the firearms licensing office to have my ticket made open as I had been shooting for a great many years and was being asked to shoot vermin on land that was not linked to my ticket. Job done and at that time, I added several more fac airguns and rimfire rifles all of which were approved.

One of our members applied for fac air, rimfire and an open ticket from the word go and got it.  Give it some serious thought before you dive in.

Phil

Your boss , very good friend , accountant if you have one , solicitor if you have one , gun club owner if you go to one , your land owner 

I put in one permission, but had a open ticket for FAC air  which most county’s allow now apparently also had a open ticket for .22lr and HMR straight off as well 

• Like 1

Another FAC or SGC owner is always a good idea, obviously the Police can't argue they aren't of good character.

Your boss at work ,etc.!!!

Apparently 7 Police regions are NOT issuing NEW grants at the moment according to the BASC so keep your fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Anyone of good character who has known you personally for over 2 years.

Basically anybody that knows you for a while if you dont think there of good character your hanging about with dodgy barstools and wont get a ticket 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Thanks guys, gives me a couple of optiins now...not sure what  areas are not giving.new licences out but I'm up in cheshire so I'll sort it out and pray.....

Just phone your local firearms licensing dept, you will get that from your rfd.  I think my area is not issuing new grants,  it has taken me 10 weeks for a renewal for my shotgun/fac co-terminus tickets..............................10 weeks so even if they are doing new grants, just think how long that will take.  Patience is needed, it didn't really bother me as my wife has both tickets I was able to get ammo etc.

Phil