Whippet pups

£400 a working mans price ? 

Times have changed.

Working bred pups went to working dog men for free, or a price that would cover the breeding and leave a bit for the breeder to have a pint or two.

Dont get me wrong, it's a sellers market, and I don't begrudge lads making a bit on selling pups, if it was what I wanted, price wouldn't enter the equation !

My last two dogs, a teckel and a deer/grey, were gifted, because the breeders knew they'd be worked, but I'd have gladly paid the asking price.

But I still feel a little uneasy about "working mans price".

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Times have changed.

Working bred pups went to working dog men for free, or a price that would cover the breeding and leave a bit for the breeder to have a pint or two.

Dont get me wrong, it's a sellers market, and I don't begrudge lads making a bit on selling pups, if it was what I wanted, price wouldn't enter the equation !

My last two dogs, a teckel and a deer/grey, were gifted, because the breeders knew they'd be worked, but I'd have gladly paid the asking price.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

Times have changed mate if that lads getting them micro chipped fleeced an wormed decent grub not wag or some other run down shite on the market that's out there now. I've only fed my pups on the best royal cain thats 60 quid a sack then the puppy meat by same company. A know what your saying 15 20 years ago you could pick up a decent lurcher for £100 to £150. But times have changed an defra made it where all dogs must me mirco chiped an first vaccination. A don't think 400 notes it a bad price 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Times have changed mate if that lads getting them micro chipped fleeced an wormed decent grub not wag or some other run down shite on the market that's out there now. I've only fed my pups on the best royal cain thats 60 quid a sack then the puppy meat by same company. A know what your saying 15 20 years ago you could pick up a decent lurcher for £100 to £150. But times have changed an defra made it where all dogs must me mirco chiped an first vaccination. A don't think 400 notes it a bad price 

The pups I was gifted were weened on flesh, chipping, was up to me, they were puppy wormed until I got them.

As I said, I don't begrudge people making a bob or two, but there's still lads out there who breed, not for profit, but to keep lines going and to see their pups going to good working homes.

Ive had some good bitches I thought of breeding from, but didn't , if I was to breed, it would be for a pup for myself and for lads I knew that would work them. They would be free, any left over would be culled.

I would pay any price, within reason, and travel any distance, to get a pup I wanted, but I'm glad to say there are still people in the game that put good working homes before money.

Cheers.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

The pups I was gifted were weened on flesh, chipping, was up to me, they were puppy wormed until I got them.

As I said, I don't begrudge people making a bob or two, but there's still lads out there who breed, not for profit, but to keep lines going and to see their pups going to good working homes.

Ive had some good bitches I thought of breeding from, but didn't , if I was to breed, it would be for a pup for myself and for lads I knew that would work them. They would be free, any left over would be culled.

I would pay any price, within reason, and travel any distance, to get a pup I wanted, but I'm glad to say there are still people in the game that put good working homes before money.

Cheers.

Some of it I agree with but not killing a pup would I bollocks kill a pup you don't want to be putting shit like that on here too youll be getting this forum shut down. Too many are free to talk like that on here it's not a closed group it's open to Joe public 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Some of it I agree with but not killing a pup would I bollocks kill a pup you don't want to be putting shit like that on here too youll be getting this forum shut down. Too many are free to talk like that on here it's not a closed group it's open to Joe public 

You walk your track, I'll walk mine.

I appreciate everyone's opinion.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Times have changed.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

In todays market we’re shit bred pups bringing upwards of £2000 I think £400 is a great price 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

You walk your track, I'll walk mine.

I appreciate everyone's opinion.

3 minutes ago, neil b said:

In todays market we’re shit bred pups bringing upwards of £2000 I think £400 is a great price 

It's true that mate you pay more than that for a mix breed init lol

• Like 1
18 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Ive had some good bitches I thought of breeding from, but didn't , if I was to breed, it would be for a pup for myself and for lads I knew that would work them. They would be free, any left over would be culled

Cheers.

Its called free advertising, Hancock did the same.