Small lurcher

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three weeks old they our 7/8 whippet 1/8 Wheaton genuine only thing is there in N Ireland out off top stuff ? 

marking rat, rabbit, squirrel. 

To be honest I'm not after more , I'm after something my young lad (5 year old ) can hold and walk with me , something to take doing abit of bushing ratting and squirelling , it won't be getting lampe

Posted Images

2 hours ago, C.green said:

I personally think if u not fussed about lamping youd be better off with good bushing terrier but in all honesty with the running dog scene the way it is terriers going to be in very high demand

Exactly mate ,trying to find a decent terrier with bit leg and decent coat , that has been bred of bushing terriers not failed earth dogs is hard ,( unless you no people who keep them ) the lurcher game is going down bank and going there quick , round by me if you are seen walking a lurcher Nd a terrier someone  already ring  the police saying your baiting, a decent size terrier thats biddable  to be fair would suit him / me better , a terrier dropping to ground for me would be as much use as tits on a fish lol  

20 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Does she/ he drip to ground  mate 

Just to give you a bit of background. 

Pixie (the black bitch) was bred out of a first x springer / pat with a whippet / Russel over her. Both dogs owned by a member on here who has been a friend for a long time, the dam was also bred by another past member off here who is also a friend. All the dogs in the make up have been very good and surprising dogs at what they were used for. These were bred and between me and my mate (Tyla) and his Mrs we have three pups and they have all made a similar stamp and type.

I say she’s a Lurcher because technically she is, but I use her as a general knock about dog. My mate calls her the Swiss army dog ? she won’t drop in at all, but she will hunt cover like a deamon. She is quick enough to mug things around cover and has caught a few rabbits abs tree rats single, ambushed a fox and been involved in the demise of a lot lot more. She isn’t afraid to get stuck in to anything. She is also incredibly biddable and I can shout her off game. She comes beating and picking up on commercial shoots with me. 

But her thing general mooching and out new favourite sport  rat lamping. We go lamping them around barns and on cover crops and regularly take 20-30 in a couple hours or so, some great runs.

I will bred her eventually but not sure to what at the moment.

On a side note I keep a line of bushing terriers also and will be hopefully breeding a litter in the summer. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Pixie (the black bitch) was bred out of a first x springer / pat with a whippet / Russel over her. Both dogs owned by a member on here who has been a friend for a long time, the dam was also bred by another past member off here who is also a friend. All the dogs in the make up have been very good and surprising dogs at what they were used for. These were bred and between me and my mate (Tyla) and his Mrs we have three pups and they have all made a similar stamp and type.

I say she’s a Lurcher because technically she is, but I use her as a general knock about dog. My mate calls her the Swiss army dog ? she won’t drop in at all, but she will hunt cover like a deamon. She is quick enough to mug things around cover and has caught a few rabbits abs tree rats single, ambushed a fox and been involved in the demise of a lot lot more. She isn’t afraid to get stuck in to anything. She is also incredibly biddable and I can shout her off game. She comes beating and picking up on commercial shoots with me. 

But her thing general mooching and out new favourite sport  rat lamping. We go lamping them around barns and on cover crops and regularly take 20-30 in a couple hours or so, some great runs.

On a side note I keep a line of bushing terriers also and will be hopefully breeding a litter in the summer. 

She sounds like a dream mate , can remember when tyla put post on about the breeding as I’m sure i messaged him about the lining ,tobe homest everything you’ve just said is basically what I’m after ,the days of me searching for double figgers on rabbits on lamp are long gone , I’d rather spend the day with my lad chasing tree rats , shooting birds , bashing cover ,and trapping , and having a leggy terrier type Mongrel keeping  us company along with  the spaniel is what we are after , 

She sounds like a dream mate , can remember when tyla put post on about the breeding as I’m sure i messaged him about the lining ,tobe homest everything you’ve just said is basically what I’m after ,the days of me searching for double figgers on rabbits on lamp are long gone , I’d rather spend the day with my lad chasing tree rats , shooting birds , bashing cover ,and trapping , and having a leggy terrier type Mongrel keeping  us company along with  the spaniel is what we are after , 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

She sounds like a dream mate , can remember when tyla put post on about the breeding as I’m sure i messaged him about the lining ,tobe homest everything you’ve just said is basically what I’m after ,the days of me searching for double figgers on rabbits on lamp are long gone , I’d rather spend the day with my lad chasing tree rats , shooting birds , bashing cover ,and trapping , and having a leggy terrier type Mongrel keeping  us company along with  the spaniel is what we are after , 

She would be ideal mate. She’s just one of those dogs. Spent a couple of afternoons wandering about with a member off her with his catty and within short order she was scanning trees marking stuff and looking for stuff when he looked up or raised the catty. Just a handy all round mutt. The problem is I want another like her from her but what way do I go? Best thing I’ve come up with is 3/4 terrier 1/4 whippet. 

As an aside she is also the nicest natured dog you could ever ask for. 

14 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

She would be ideal mate. She’s just one of those dogs. Spent a couple of afternoons wandering about with a member off her with his catty and within short order she was scanning trees marking stuff and looking for stuff when he looked up or raised the catty. Just a handy all round mutt. The problem is I want another like her from her but what way do I go? Best thing I’ve come up with is 3/4 terrier 1/4 whippet. 

As an aside she is also the nicest natured dog you could ever ask for. 

3/4 terrier sound a handy type , and as for good natured dog , well for me I’d rather a mediocre hunter with a great nature , than a world beater of a dog who was a c**t , was a lad on here who had 3/4 terrier whippet , or mite been on YouTube , I’m sure ( but not 100%) it was out skycats terrier whippet , 

12 hours ago, Elchapo said:

3/4 terrier sound a handy type , and as for good natured dog , well for me I’d rather a mediocre hunter with a great nature , than a world beater of a dog who was a c**t , was a lad on here who had 3/4 terrier whippet , or mite been on YouTube , I’m sure ( but not 100%) it was out skycats terrier whippet , 

If your struggling,there's a terrier pup here like the little bitch  your mate had? Was keeping it for my brother's boy,but he's to busy riding his CRF ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve been out with all the dogs mentioned above. Something I will be looking at in a couple of years for me and my lad for a bit of knocking about. Some form of bushing/mooching dog with a decent splash of whippet.  The good thing about these that suites going out with a catty is they don’t scream their heads off when onto something. I’ve got a spaniel terrier who is great for bushing to Lurchers on the ground I run. For a mooch and catty he’s too much. Crashes through everything and barks his head off when right behind everything. You wouldn’t get too many shots in 

• Like 2